Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
lilpretender
Enthusiast
lilpretender began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
HTM to LRF

I just got the newest version of Calibre. I also use fanfiction downloader which is easy to use and it makes it easier to have them as one story than to do it one by one. When I download a one shot from the same site and put it into the Calibre it won't convert. I have to go back and do it again, but this time download as a webpage complete instead of just the webpage. The version I used didn't do that it just converted them to LRF. It works fine of the one's that I download using the fanfiction downloader, but not when I download by webpage. Also, I think that it's not staying on LRF when I try to convert. I keep on having to press LRF on the drop down list because it goes to EPUB. I don't know if it's because I have to go back and redownload a webpage, or it's because of something else.
lilpretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I can't advise with the fanfiction, but if you want to convert to LRF as the default then go to Preferences - Behaviour (top line) - Preferred output format and set to LRF in the drop-down menu.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I can't advise with the fanfiction, but if you want to convert to LRF as the default then go to Preferences - Behaviour (top line) - Preferred output format and set to LRF in the drop-down menu.
Just did that, but now what about the htm part when I try to covert to LRF? I really don't want lots of folders that come with downloading from webpage complete.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
At the risk of repeating myself, I have zero experience of fanfiction. You may need someone who has to drop by with help.

You might also consider providing a lot more detailed info (including attachments if copyright is not an issue) about exactly what problems you're having and exactly what you've tried.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
In order to do what you want you would need to write a recipe for the fan fiction site.

http://www.calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/news.html
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
At the risk of repeating myself, I have zero experience of fanfiction. You may need someone who has to drop by with help.

You might also consider providing a lot more detailed info (including attachments if copyright is not an issue) about exactly what problems you're having and exactly what you've tried.
The only thing that I did was to go to the file then save as and saved the webpage to the detachable hard drive in a folder. Which is the same thing I did for the other version I had. This one doesn't want to convert it though and I don't know why the latest version is having trouble with it.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
In order to do what you want you would need to write a recipe for the fan fiction site.

http://www.calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/news.html
I think it says that you need a Python Editor and I don't have that. Plus it looks like it's hard to do.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #8
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
You just need a text editor. That said, it's not terribly hard, but if you're not experienced with scripting/html it might be more than you want to attempt.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #9
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
You just need a text editor. That said, it's not terribly hard, but if you're not experienced with scripting/html it might be more than you want to attempt.
I don't think that I would know how to do this. It looks confusing.
I am wondering why this latest version is having trouble converting htm to LRF. When I use the fanfiction downlaoder I save it as html and it works fine with that. The only problem it has is when download from a web browser. I think I might have to just uninstall this version and go back to the older version I had.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:23 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpretender View Post
I don't think that I would know how to do this. It looks confusing.
It is a little confusing. I don't think this is what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpretender View Post
I am wondering why this latest version is having trouble converting htm to LRF. When I use the fanfiction downlaoder I save it as html and it works fine with that.
In all of your descriptions you give zero examples for anyone to look at. It might help if you provide either a link to what works and what doesn't work. Or, if public domain, attach examples.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #11
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
It is a little confusing. I don't think this is what you need.

In all of your descriptions you give zero examples for anyone to look at. It might help if you provide either a link to what works and what doesn't work. Or, if public domain, attach examples.
I go to this site for fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/. What I do when it's only a one shot I just go to the file part of Firefox which is the browser I use for everything. I go to Save As and either type in the name of the story, or just leave the name of it just as it is because it already has the name on it. Or I use Alt F and then A which is doing the same as going to File and Save As. I don't use fanfiction downloader for just one page that I want on this site only for one's that are multichaptered.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the Firefox save dialog choose Web page, HTML only instead of web page, complete.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #13
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
If you say that you're having troubles converting, are there any error messages? You can view those by clicking on the jobs icon (the spinny thing in the lower right corner), selecting the relevant conversion job, and then clicking to show job details. Post those messages, please.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #14
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
If you say that you're having troubles converting, are there any error messages? You can view those by clicking on the jobs icon (the spinny thing in the lower right corner), selecting the relevant conversion job, and then clicking to show job details. Post those messages, please.
The only time that I've ever had with this was when I was downloading and trying to convert from Livejournal. I've never had this problem with this site before. Also, now it's having trouble converting from html too.
It says this:
File "parser.pxi", line 1417, in lxml.etree._parseDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:71041)
File "parser.pxi", line 898, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseUnicodeDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:67581)
File "parser.pxi", line 539, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:64257)
File "parser.pxi", line 625, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:65178)
File "parser.pxi", line 565, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:64521)
XMLSyntaxError: xmlParseEntityRef: no name, line 6, column 79

Parsing file 'Were%20Happy%20Tonight%20-%20NCIS429.htm' as HTML
Forcing Were%20Happy%20Tonight%20-%20NCIS429.htm into XHTML namespace
Python function terminated unexpectedly
Property: No ":" after name found: u'align=center' [1:182: center] (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 110, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 31, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 904, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 204, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\html\input.py", line 294, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\html\input.py", line 373, in create_oebbook
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\base.py", line 232, in rewrite_links
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\__init__.py", line 204, in parseStyle
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\css\cssstyledeclaration.py", line 178, in __setattr__
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\css\cssstyledeclaration.py", line 318, in _setCssText
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\util.py", line 406, in _parse
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\css\cssstyledeclaration.py", line 294, in ident
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\css\property.py", line 134, in _setCssText
File "site-packages\cssutils-0.9.7b4-py2.7.egg\cssutils\errorhandler.py", line 96, in __handle
xml.dom.SyntaxErr: Property: No ":" after name found: u'align=center' [1:182: center]
Old 02-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #15
lilpretender
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
In the Firefox save dialog choose Web page, HTML only instead of web page, complete.
I've done that, but it's still having trouble.