Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #376
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I'm looking for the "Dave Dawson" books by Robert Sidney Bowen. Three of them are on PG (the first and two near the end of the series) but there are about 20, total. I'm unsure of their copyright status, but given that the first and nearly-last are available, I have high hopes for the others. (of course, physically finding them may be another matter)
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:44 AM   #377
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Chales and Mary Lamb's "Lambs Tales From Shakespeare" is on PG. Would some nice uploader please make an illustrated copy for MobileRead?

Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:16 AM   #378
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Chales and Mary Lamb's "Lambs Tales From Shakespeare" is on PG. Would some nice uploader please make an illustrated copy for MobileRead?

Thanks.

There are illustrated versions in the Library, uploaded by Patricia ..https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13514

also in lrf and imp formats. ..
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #379
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Thank you for pointing that out. I did look for it, but I think the placement of la Motte Fuque confused me and lead me to believe that Lambs wasn't there.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #380
hols57
hols57
hols57 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 300packed up -thanks,Sony!) Kindle
Are any of Georges Simenon's Maigret books available as ebooks? Are they copyright free yet? I have read several of them but it would be nice to have them as ebooks!
Thanks!
hols57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #381
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Quote:
Originally Posted by hols57 View Post
Are any of Georges Simenon's Maigret books available as ebooks? Are they copyright free yet? I have read several of them but it would be nice to have them as ebooks!
Thanks!
Amazon has 8 listed for the Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Georges-Simeno...ntt_dp_epwbk_0

As for the copyrights on his book, the more serious issue is the translation. The earliest of these works is Lock 14, and you can bet the lawyers at Penguin have renewed the copyright religiously, since the day that English-language version was released. This book was translated by Robert Baldick.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:30 AM   #382
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Precisely. A translation has its own copyright, independent from that of the original book. This extends (in most countries) to 70 years after the translator's death.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:10 PM   #383
hols57
hols57
hols57 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 300packed up -thanks,Sony!) Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
Amazon has 8 listed for the Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/Georges-Simeno...ntt_dp_epwbk_0

As for the copyrights on his book, the more serious issue is the translation. The earliest of these works is Lock 14, and you can bet the lawyers at Penguin have renewed the copyright religiously, since the day that English-language version was released. This book was translated by Robert Baldick.
I thought that might be the case! And as I don't have a Kindle, I'm stuck!

Thanks anyway!
hols57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #384
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Quote:
Originally Posted by hols57 View Post
I thought that might be the case! And as I don't have a Kindle, I'm stuck!

Thanks anyway!
I believe Penguin has other (non-Kindle) formats of 8 of Simenon's books. You can browse their site:

http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Search...tml?id=simenon

Look for ereader format, which seems to be a code-name for Adobe pdf (?).

Another source is www.booksonboard.com. They offer epub versions (which are preferable to pdf).
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #385
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
Look for ereader format, which seems to be a code-name for Adobe pdf (?).
It isn't. eReader format is a format originally designed by Peanut Press, an early ebook publisher targeting Palm OS PDAs. It uses a markup language called Palm Markup Language, which supports color, embedded images, hyperlinks, text attributes, and (depending upon the platform) custom fonts.

Palm bought them and made them the Palm Digital Media Division, and distributed a freeware version of the reader called Palm Reader with Palm OS PDAs. They later sold the division to Motricity, an ouffit vending B2B mobile content solutions, who renamed it eReader. Motricty allowed it to languish, and eventually sold it to Fictionwise, who were in turn acquired by Barnes and Noble. eReader has freeware viewers for an assortment of platforms, and the Barnes and Noble nook dedicated reader supports PML formatted books as a legacy format, in addition to the primary ePub format.

You can get available clients for eReader documents here:
http://www.ereader.com/ereader/software/browse.htm

A freeware Windows application for creating eReader documents from handwritten PML source is here:
http://www.ereader.com/ereader/help/dropbook/

A payware WYSIWYG GUI program for creating eReader documents is here:
http://www.ereader.com/ereader/software/ebookstudio.htm

Information about PML is here:
http://www.ereader.com/ereader/help/dropbook/pml.htm

And you can still buy commercial eReader titles:
http://www.ereader.com/ereader/home.htm
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:47 AM   #386
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
After reading the wonderful Edgar Rice Burroughs MOBI and then ePUB omnibuses compiled by HarryT, I wonder if it is at all possible to have a similar omnibus of his standalone novels of like genre, such as Beyond the Furtherest Star, Lost Continent etc.

I am aware these are available individually, but an omnibus would be nice as well.

Just a thought!

Cheers and thanks

Mike
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:23 AM   #387
Arthursbedtime
Enthusiast
Arthursbedtime doesn't litterArthursbedtime doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
We will also probably gain contributers if/when we can provide a tutorial in the wiki with some guidelines and at least one simple way to prepare e-books in an "acceptible" manner.

I'm guessing some people who might want to contribute are probably a bit intimidated at the learning curve, and the information is still pretty scattered at the moment, so it takes a bit of research and persistence.
I am quite capable of preparing text. So far I have only created HTML files to put through Calibre for my Kobo. But I do them very fast. I realize that settings for Kobo will probably not produce an epub correctly for other eReaders.
Arthursbedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 AM   #388
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthursbedtime View Post
I am quite capable of preparing text. So far I have only created HTML files to put through Calibre for my Kobo. But I do them very fast. I realize that settings for Kobo will probably not produce an epub correctly for other eReaders.
If there should be small changes, they can be made really easily and automatically.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #389
Arthursbedtime
Enthusiast
Arthursbedtime doesn't litterArthursbedtime doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
I'm looking for the "Dave Dawson" books by Robert Sidney Bowen. Three of them are on PG (the first and two near the end of the series) but there are about 20, total. I'm unsure of their copyright status, but given that the first and nearly-last are available, I have high hopes for the others. (of course, physically finding them may be another matter)
There are some short stories at Munsey's

http://www.munseys.com/detail/mode/a...t_Sidney_Bowen
Arthursbedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #390
HelenaJole
Connoisseur
HelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
I'd like C.S. Lewis's Till We Have Faces. It doesn't seem to be available in ebook at all.
HelenaJole is offline   Reply With Quote