Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 05:58 AM   #1
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Catalog now with Series Section !

Hi all
Thank you for including series in the new Catalog !
Now I don't have to manually keep track of reading order etc.

Thank you !!!!

pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome, GRiker is the one you should thank for that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Hi Kovid
I know !
Now we only need to be able to launch an ebook from within the Catalog ;-D
Ie. a whole new menu system.
Thanks to the team for your work !
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Ok, someone is going to have to explain to this senile old lady, using very, very simple language, what is going on here.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Ok, someone is going to have to explain to this senile old lady, using very, very simple language, what is going on here.
When you create a catalog of your books using calibre (drop down arrow to the right of convert books icon). In the resultant book, series is now a table of content item at the same level as Author, title, genre, and description.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
When you create a catalog of your books using calibre (drop down arrow to the right of convert books icon). In the resultant book, series is now a table of content item at the same level as Author, title, genre, and description.
So I would have to include the series column in the catalog to see this change (I've been just using author and title)?
Old 09-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So I would have to include the series column in the catalog to see this change (I've been just using author and title)?
Its a new option, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	catalog_options.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	58081  
Old 09-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

Quote:
Its a new option, see attached.
Where did you find that screen?
Old 09-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #9
Trickery
Pew Pew!
Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle v3
Too bad the Kindle collections feature is so limited. This feature is a bit useless for Kindle users, but cool nonetheless.

For the Kindle I'm just appending the series at the start of every title. It's time consuming and a pain, but at least all the series are in order on my Kindle.

Anyone have an alternative for Kindle users that want to keep series of books in order?

Last edited by Trickery; 09-11-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Trickery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #10
Trickery
Pew Pew!
Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Convert Books > Create Catalog of Books > Choose the E-Book Tab
Old 09-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #11
Trickery
Pew Pew!

Actually, could someone explain how this feature pertains to Kindle users? If I'm looking at this correct, it just lists my books in a .mobi file with all it's metadata and that's it.

I'm guessing on Sony readers it's a bit more robust?

If someone could enlighten me to the benefits of this feature, for Kindle and other ebook readers, that would be great.

Either way, great work! I love it!
Old 09-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Drop down arrow to the right of convert books icon - Create catalog of books in your calibre library - Ebook options tab.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-11-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickery View Post
Actually, could someone explain how this feature pertains to Kindle users? If I'm looking at this correct, it just lists my books in a .mobi file with all it's metadata and that's it.

If someone could enlighten me to the benefits of this feature, for Kindle and other ebook readers, that would be great.
It was written to fill a need of Kindle users. Check out this thread for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickery View Post
I'm guessing on Sony readers it's a bit more robust?
I have a Sony and the catalog is no more robust. Since the books on my Sony are automatically put into collections based on Tags or Series info and our Series are sorted in the proper order on our reader the catalog feature, while great, is not near as useful for Sony users.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #14
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

Quote:
Drop down arrow to the right of convert books icon - Create catalog of books in your calibre library - Ebook options tab.
What e-book options tab? Seriously, I'm not finding it. And I am in 0.7.18.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #15
Trickery
Pew Pew!

Look at the screenshot/picture above.

Anyway, it should be on by default if you've updated to the recent version of calibre.

Until Series Information is sorted by Kindle automatically, I'll have to stick to my time consuming naming convention for titles in a series.