Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
FelineFeral
FelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura
Glo keeps freezing.

I've got a kobo glo running 2.1.5. Since the new update it's been largely behaving itself but now whenever I do anything it freezes. I can't use the web extra or look in my library for books without it freezing. I have to stick a pin in it to unfreeze.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?
FelineFeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I'd try removing any SD cards, and a factory reset, before calling Kobo Support.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
FelineFeral
FelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I'd try removing any SD cards, and a factory reset, before calling Kobo Support.
I'm working on that option right now. ^_^ It's just very frustrating. I had problems leading to a replacement for the Touch. Was hoping the Glo would be a one and go. lol
FelineFeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #4
Tacty
Zealot
Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One/Kobo Touch/iPad3
i've never put any SD card in mine kobo touch but it freezes as well...it's a common kobo problem related to, i suppose, poor software...finishing one book and trying to delete, freezing...finishing another book and can't look into library either...
Tacty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #5
DNT
DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DNT has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Mine freezes frequently too, though I have no sd card in it. I just learn to live with the freezing and hope it doesn't fail in times of need (ie flights over 10 hours).
DNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert