Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
[0.8.33] Deleting Saved Search Will Not Stick

Hi:

I have some saved searches I would like to delete, and when I delete them on the manage saved searches screen, it appears they are being deleted but when I save out of the screen the searches are still there. Has this functionality been changed or removed?? These are saved searches based on a custom column.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Hi:

I have some saved searches I would like to delete, and when I delete them on the manage saved searches screen, it appears they are being deleted but when I save out of the screen the searches are still there. Has this functionality been changed or removed?? These are saved searches based on a custom column.

Nyn
8.33 on XP SP3
It works for me.
Deleted
Restarted Calibre and it stayed GONE
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
8.33 on XP SP3
It works for me.
Deleted
Restarted Calibre and it stayed GONE
mine are not staying gone, could it be because they are nested searches? I tried deleting the entire group as once and deleting them individually.

Nyn
Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
WHat happens if you right click on the search and select Delete search? There have been no changes to this area of calibre in a rather long time.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
WHat happens if you right click on the search and select Delete search? There have been no changes to this area of calibre in a rather long time.
Nothing, it flashes like it is going to delete it but it does not delete it. I also forgot to mention I am using the portable version. Here is a copy of my db, the search I am trying to delete is all the ones under Date Read.2011: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13254132/metadata.db. I am able to delete searches as long as they are not nested. I cannot seem to delete any of the nested ones.

Nyn
Advert
Old 01-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've notified charles, hopefully he will be able to fix it.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Any chance Charles has had a chance to review this issue?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It should be fixed in 0.8.35
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Thank you, it is all fixed now.