Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 01:15 AM   #196
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by captpete View Post
The current urls for isfdb are not working.
They work fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captpete View Post
Also FictFact doesn't even work from their website search much less from the plugin.
FictFact works fine from their web site and if you switch the lines in the plugin:

Author search to http://www.fictfact.com/search/?search={author}
Book search to http://www.fictfact.com/search/?search={author}+{title}

Everything should work fine for FictFact search.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-29-2013 at 01:25 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #197
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
(boilerplate stolen )
FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

(don't laugh too hard if it blows up, it is my first PI hack )

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins.

This version needs to be tested with the existing calibre.
Let me know if it is a disaster and I will destroy the evidence

UPDATE: try 2 (was a disaster also: evidence destroyed )
Tnx jackie

Last edited by theducks; 07-12-2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Removed PI attempt
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #198
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The plugin fails to load for me when starting calibre beta 1.201
This was the debug error msg:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 163, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 177, in init_iaction
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 573, in load_actual_plugin
  File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 16, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.Qt
In case it helps, I think the problem is probably a missed occurrence of PyQt4 at the bottom of the __init__.py file (initially I similarly missed a couple of these in my own plugins).
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #199
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
The plugin fails to load for me when starting calibre beta 1.201
This was the debug error msg:
Code:
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 163, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 177, in init_iaction
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 573, in load_actual_plugin
  File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 16, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.Qt
In case it helps, I think the problem is probably a missed occurrence of PyQt4 at the bottom of the __init__.py file (initially I similarly missed a couple of these in my own plugins).
Upated with your suggested.
I backed out the beta because a Mobi convert failed
Old 07-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #200
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@theducks,

Still a problem loading I'm afraid.
Code:
calibre, version 1.201.2
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndentationError</b>:expected an indented block (calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.__init__, line 78)

calibre 1.201.2  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Count Pages && Search The Internet && Open With && Quality Check && Copy Cover To Device && Fantastic Fiction && Barnes & Noble && Goodreads && Kobo Utilities && JSTest Plugin && EpubSplit && KePub Output && Extract ISBN && Wiki Reader && Modify ePub
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 314, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 379, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 195, in load
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 175, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.__init__", line 78
    try:
      ^
IndentationError: expected an indented block
A simple indentation syntax error in your edit, I believe. Also I think the except: line should be except ImportError: just like at the top of your other .py files.
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #201
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@theducks,

Still a problem loading I'm afraid.

A simple indentation syntax error in your edit, I believe. Also I think the except: line should be except ImportError: just like at the top of your other .py files.
It was more than JUST that. I gave up (this was really a huge PY first step )
Old 07-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #202
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Kudos to you for trying
Old 07-12-2014, 09:27 PM   #203
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
theducks: Yes, thanks for trying. The indent in python still catches me occasionally. I still keep looking for the brackets or something to contain the code blocks.

Now the boilerplate:

FYI, I am not kiwidude and this isn't my plugin. But I'm trying to help out by porting some of the plugins I use regularly while kiwidude is busy.

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins. It has version 1.201.0 to distinguish it from the released version.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Search The Internet-qt5.zip (83.2 KB, 349 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #204
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
theducks: Yes, thanks for trying. The indent in python still catches me occasionally. I still keep looking for the brackets or something to contain the code blocks.

Now the boilerplate:

Attached is a test version that should work for both the existing 1.X calibre and the upcoming 2.X version calibre. 2.x will use PyQt5 which requires changes to virtually all plugins. It has version 1.201.0 to distinguish it from the released version.

Brave souls to test with with the beta 2.X version would also be appreciated. Links to the 2.X beta and discussion of the transition (for plugins) can be see at: Attn plugin developers: calibre moving to Qt 5.
Works (site searches, and config change) on 1.44 XP
Old 07-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #205
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

I used it off and on all day in both calibre 1.44 (64bit) and calibre beta 1.201.2 (32bit). No errors seen on either, so far.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:22 PM   #206
lairdb
dog ear
lairdb began at the beginning.

Device: lots
This is very handy -- I've spent much of the weekend messing about with this plugin and the Overdrive plugin.

Here's my contribution; this URL leverages Google's inurl operator and BtnI syntax to go directly to the series page on Goodreads. (I find this handy when I'm doing fixups of the series indexing, or identifying gaps.)

Code:
http://www.google.com/search?btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky&q={series}+inurl:".com%2Fseries%2F"+site:goodreads.com
It's worth mention that the I'm Feeling Lucky button isn't perfect, so though you will always get a series, you may get something unexpected. (For example, if the series doesn't exist at Goodreads.) If you prefer a search that shows you the Google results, the below works. (I just have both confiigured, and use the "lucky" one first).

Code:
http://www.google.com/search?q={series}+inurl:".com%2Fseries%2F"+site:goodreads.com
lairdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:15 PM   #207
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much. I hadn't discovered this plugin, I've come here from the answer to other user, but it allows me to do what I was thinking how to code.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #208
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
I've noticed there is a problem with hidden hyphens (soft hyphens) in some of the the author names and book titles which is causing the searches to fail. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution? For example there's a book called "December at the Mall", if I copy the title from the title column and paste it into notepad, it shows as "De-cem-ber at the Mall".
Thanks.

Last edited by Vortex; 04-20-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:53 AM   #209
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Can anyone please help me figure out why the "isfdb for Book" searches keep failing:

Author is: Brian W. Aldiss
Title is: Dreamer, Schemer

It gives the result: No records found

http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/edit/tp...OPERATOR_2=AND

The book is there:

http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?52324

If you go to the isfdb advanced search: http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi and put in the above Author & Title it finds it OK.

This is happening on lots of isfdb searches and it's a real shame, would be a brilliant tool for me otherwise.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #210
theducks
Well trained by Cats

My guess is the comma (punctuation) in the title is tripping things up

Tags
book details, search the internet