Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-03-2008, 01:15 AM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Brand new PRS-505 registered to someone else?

when I added it to my library, it said this device is already authorized to someone else, and do I want to de-authorize it and re-authorize to my account.

Did I get a refurb, or is that normal?
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:28 AM   #2
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGB View Post
when I added it to my library, it said this device is already authorized to someone else, and do I want to de-authorize it and re-authorize to my account.

Did I get a refurb, or is that normal?
If it was a refurb, THe serial number would reflect it. I would email sony especially if you paid full price for it. Also in the mean time just re-authorize it to your account. Was there actually any books on it other than the demos.

JJ

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-03-2008 at 06:35 AM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #3
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
It certainly sounds like the reader has been used before. Did you pay full price, if so, I would complain.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:24 AM   #4
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

now that I look at it, the screen has been cleaned, there is some gunk around the edges still and wipe marks on it.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:28 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Give Sony a call and get them to replace it with a brand new unit.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
JGB
Groupie

After 2 hours of running around this morning, it has been replaced with a demo version(only one left)
much better since it isn't full of pages of bookmarks, books I can't read, and without crap on the screen.
I was kind of underwhelmed by the first one, but this one is way better, the screen hasn't got wiping residue on it and so it's much clearer and readable in bright light.

Much happier with sony now
Old 07-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #7
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
I still dont understand why you couldnt get a new one, Did you pay full Price?
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #8
JGB
Groupie

Yes, it was sold as being 100% new and unopened.
turned out it had been used,returned and cleaned a bit.
I got the demo one because they were again out of stock when I went to exchange it.

well actually I got the demo one that a different store had because their store couldn't do a straight exchange(computer trouble) couldn't let me pay by visa or debit(machine broken)
so I gave up, left and went to another sony style that could manage it
I'm just hoping I get my refund, haven't seen it on my credit card yet.

Still paid full price for a demo which I'm a bit annoyed by but at least it works properly now.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do you have any Borders around where you might be able to get a new one?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote