Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
Metal case and nylon case for prs505

I admit that I can be a bit anal, so I bought a metal case for the 505 and a bible case to carry them in. Here are the pictures of my sony 505 in the padded metal case along with a nylon bible case. I can use the outside pouch to carry the ac adapter along with a z-light and sd cards. I just need to attach some velcro to keep it closed. I bought the metal case off of ebay and the bible case from allbibles.com. The size is for a medium bible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1264.JPG
Views:	1016
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	11045   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1265.JPG
Views:	810
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	11046   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1266.JPG
Views:	2672
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	11047   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1267.JPG
Views:	708
Size:	322.5 KB
ID:	11048  
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Nice case. Well done.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #3
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
TobyFlenderson
TobyFlenderson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Funny you should post this, in my searches I have been looking at a metal case on ebay (its around 24 dollars if I can remember) and was wondering how it actually was. Yours looks to be the same one, so I was wondering how happy you are with the metal case itself. Does it fit nicely, snugly, or do you think it may move around a bit inside? Also do you think it would be strong enough to put into a backpack? Im a graduate student so Im always carrying my reader and laptop around...!

Thanks in advance!
TobyFlenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Nice case, I need a Packers version with a cheesehead emblem
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
revmike
Zealot

Toby, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The sony fits snug in the metal case and it does not move. It should work well for you in a backpack.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
carchase
Enthusiast
carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I've had the metal case for a while. It's nice and does a good job of protecting the reader, but mine has gotten pretty banged up after a few months of riding around in my laptop bag. I'm still looking for another solution that doesn't get dents quite as easily.
carchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
revmike
Zealot

Mine is starteing to show some wear also, but it still does it's main function. It would be nice if the metal was thicker or if one came out in hard plastic so that it would not dent.