Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
crazysmile
crazysmile began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
can I convert ebook file types?

I have several ebooks on my computer that are of different file types than the pdf and epub that the pe will display in the reader screen. Is it possible to convert say a .lit file to epub? Or are the free downloads to do that a trick to get malware/viruses onto your computer?
crazysmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Exclamation calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysmile View Post
I have several ebooks on my computer that are of different file types than the pdf and epub that the pe will display in the reader screen. Is it possible to convert say a .lit file to epub? Or are the free downloads to do that a trick to get malware/viruses onto your computer?
Yes, take a look in the calibre forum. And at the developers website;

"calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:

Library Management
-> E-book conversion
Syncing to e-book reader devices
Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
Comprehensive e-book viewer
Content server for online access to your book collection"

"calibre can convert from a huge number of formats to a huge number of formats;

- Input Formats: CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, EPUB, FB2, HTML, HTMLZ, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ
- Output Formats: EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, HTMLZ, PDB, PML, RB, PDF, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ"
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Note if those are encrypted LIT files you will need to strip them before converting them with Calibre.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Another vote for Calibre. I have my full library in Calibre, some of the books in several formats so I can add them to my EE or PE or my husband's Kindle as desired.

ApK is right about DRM, of course. If you need to you can look up Apprentice Alf (Google search) to learn how.

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Qwill
Enthusiast
Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Maybe a little off topic, but a good trick I use to ease the reading on the PocketEdge, is to format files in 8.5 x 5.5 inches size (alternate size is european A5) when printing them in PDFs.
Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
woodnboats
woodnboats began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Try this.

Sorry about the .exe name, I didn't write it.

It's worked for me for many years. MS keeps trying to suppress it.

Attachment deleted by moderator

Last edited by HarryT; 08-18-2011 at 10:57 AM.
woodnboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
crazysmile
crazysmile began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe Dualbook
I went with calibre and so far it works great. Thanks for the recommendation.
crazysmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Please do not post DRM removal tools to MobileRead. Doing so is strictly against our site policy.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Harry,

Isn't convertlit just a lit to PDF converter tool that barfs on DRM lit files? At least the version I have for OS/2 does.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Harry,

Isn't convertlit just a lit to PDF converter tool that barfs on DRM lit files? At least the version I have for OS/2 does.
No. The one we are talking about relies on having a properly activated MS reader install, and rights to read the DRMed LIT files in question, and will produce non-drm output from them.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #11
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
No. The one we are talking about relies on having a properly activated MS reader install, and rights to read the DRMed LIT files in question, and will produce non-drm output from them.
OK, if that's the case then I agree it shouldn't be here even if I do think that DRM should be banned
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #12
eTurtle
Banned
eTurtle began at the beginning.

Device: Dualbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please do not post DRM removal tools to MobileRead. Doing so is strictly against our site policy.
I would think you could make an exception for eDGe book subscriptions, which have become void and thus unreadable even to those who've purchased them legitimately.
eTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
woodnboats
woodnboats began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
And since the name of the app has now been posted, a little googling will completely negate any objections.

Kirk
woodnboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #14
Astoria
Astoria began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
Can I sideload ePub books from calibe?
Astoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:32 AM   #15
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
Can I sideload ePub books from calibe?
Yes. If you have trouble, let us know.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote