Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc7zzv View Post
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I meant that, when I get a list of entries to use, when downloading metadata, I can see the ISBN for each. That would make it easier to see if the webscription one is the same book as the Amazon/Google entry it finds. So overall, it's not a high priority.
Every time a book changes its cover, it is supposed to get a new ISBN . I would expect Webscriptions to only have the latest ISBN

Baen's ISBN 10 prefix is 0-671- or 9780671
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:22 AM   #17
kc7zzv
kc7zzv began at the beginning.

Device: Handspring Palm
Ah. Thanks
kc7zzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.0.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Further changes to support updates to Baen website

Fixes the plugin not matching any search results due to changes they made to the website recently.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #19
JackTheKnife
JackTheKnife began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500
hi, I am getting this error when I try to install this plugin.

calibre, version 0.8.35
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 731, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 380, in check_for_add_to_toolbars
File "site.py", line 66, in load_module
ZipImportError: can't find module calibre.gui2.preferences.toolbar
JackTheKnife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheKnife View Post
hi, I am getting this error when I try to install this plugin.

calibre, version 0.8.35
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 731, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 380, in check_for_add_to_toolbars
File "site.py", line 66, in load_module
ZipImportError: can't find module calibre.gui2.preferences.toolbar
Was this PI previously installed? Iss the toolbar that it was assigned to still Visible?

BTW Why 8.35? that is almost 20 versions old
Old 07-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #21
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.0.3 released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix for covers not downloading due to website changes

Many thanks to gbm for identifying and providing the patch to get it working.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:56 PM   #22
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
Upcoming website changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
This is a bit of a niche metadata source, for those of you who are a fan of Baen Ebooks and other publishers available from www.baenebooks.com (formerly at webscription.net)
Please note that upcoming changes to the Baen web-site seem currently poised to eliminate the product codes this plugin uses to identify books. If you’re on the Baen’s Bar forums, Kiwidude, check the “Testing, Testing” thread in the Administrivia conference to join the discussion about this.
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsalomon View Post
Please note that upcoming changes to the Baen web-site seem currently poised to eliminate the product codes this plugin uses to identify books. If you’re on the Baen’s Bar forums, Kiwidude, check the “Testing, Testing” thread in the Administrivia conference to join the discussion about this.
Kiwidude is mostly off-line (real world work),.

Thanks for the heads up, someone might be able to fix it.

(I stopped hang at the Bar, when the NNTP (I use Forte Agent for news. It threads and shows only new posts) interface went bye-bye. I really dislike the web board interface.)
Old 11-10-2015, 06:44 PM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
As theducks said, kiwidude isn't around much now. When the change happens, I'm willing to fix the code. But, I'm not very interested in signing up to yet-another-forum to learn what the changes will be. If you can post details, or a couple of test links, I can have a look at what will be needed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:04 AM   #25
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
The Bar’s NNTP interface is back (has been for the last few years that I’ve been a member), though the particular private conference for discussing bugs in the beta site is web-only. If you contact beta at baenebooks dot com and tell them what you’re up to, someone will probably connect you to the test site.
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:19 AM   #26
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
...If you contact beta at baenebooks dot com and tell them what you’re up to, someone will probably connect you to the test site.
I had considered doing that, but decided to wait for the new site to go on-line.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:54 PM   #27
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
The new web site for Baen ebooks is up and the plugin is officially broken. Titles already in Calibre with a webscription link work, since they're currently being auto-forwarded to the new site. But any new books you get are not working.

As far as I can tell, the basic change is that all books are now a direct link off of www.baen.com, not off baenebooks.com. Also, the p-nnnn preface has been eliminated.

Test links:
Old: http://www.baenebooks.com/p-2467-wood-sprites.aspx
New: http://www.baen.com/wood-sprites.html

Old: http://www.baenebooks.com/p-2063-sph...influence.aspx
New: http://www.baen.com/spheres-of-influence.html

Is there anyone in a position to fix this plugin?

Thanks,

Last edited by CRussel; 02-19-2016 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Added a couple of test links.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta for site changes

Here is a beta for the updated Baen site. As well as the URL changes, there were lots of other changes in the search and book pages to be handled.

This handles the old identifier and opening the new page with the new format of the identifier. It doesn't change the identifier. That will only happen when the metadata is updated.

As well as this, I have added getting the series name. But, the site doesn't have the series index, so this will always be 1.

Please test and tell me how it goes. If there are no problems, I'll arrange for a release next week.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Webscription-beta.zip (5.9 KB, 351 views)
Old 02-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #29
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Here is a beta for the updated Baen site. As well as the URL changes, there were lots of other changes in the search and book pages to be handled.

This handles the old identifier and opening the new page with the new format of the identifier. It doesn't change the identifier. That will only happen when the metadata is updated.

As well as this, I have added getting the series name. But, the site doesn't have the series index, so this will always be 1.

Please test and tell me how it goes. If there are no problems, I'll arrange for a release next week.
I don't see Series on the Selected source Configuration screen for Webscriptions
Old 02-20-2016, 09:10 PM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I don't see Series on the Selected source Configuration screen for Webscriptions
Woops, I forgot about that. I have fixed that and I fixed another problem with the series and publisher. Tell me how it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Webscription-beta.zip (6.2 KB, 342 views)

Tags
bug report