Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #16
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Finally added this to the tweaks thread! Thanks javese!
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #17
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
my opinion.
1. in order for this to work we need to rescale like to like as much as possible to e-ink screen. orientation should not matter as will be like for like
2. a hardware key to activate this preferable on the eink keys. like a long press on the magnifying glass?
3. the root info is still displayed and captured sometimes on the e-ink
I think the e-ink is higher resolution so lcd should scale ok?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #18
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Javese> can you share your deep knowledge on a How to develop apps for e-ink thread.
this will be great and more apps could come out. thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #19
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge(Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
my opinion.
1. in order for this to work we need to rescale like to like as much as possible to e-ink screen. orientation should not matter as will be like for like
2. a hardware key to activate this preferable on the eink keys. like a long press on the magnifying glass?
3. the root info is still displayed and captured sometimes on the e-ink
I think the e-ink is higher resolution so lcd should scale ok?
Thank you for your opinions.
the root info is displayed by the "super user" application,and it can be disabled by doing this :super user->setting->notification(uncheck).
javese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #20
javese
Zealot
javese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enoughjavese will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Javese> can you share your deep knowledge on a How to develop apps for e-ink thread.
this will be great and more apps could come out. thanks
Thank you for the suggestion.I'm not eligible for starting a thread about developping app for e-ink yet.My current research shows the reader software is isolated from android,so in my opinion,we can not develop android application working on e-ink.what lcd2eink does is capture the framebuffer of android,convert it to a pdf file,and ask the reader to open it on eink.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #21
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
Finally added this to the tweaks thread! Thanks javese!
Thanks kennyminot! the tweaks thread is very helpful.
I heard that writing on EE is faster than PE.I can't think of any technical cause for that and really want to achieve the same writing speed on PE as on EE.Could you help me on that?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 AM   #22
javese
Zealot

Quote:
wow. fantastic. somebody is doing real development. any chance we could link this to a hardware key, like long press on something? I can read my email in the garden?
android doesn't allow key listening in background service.sorry I can't find a way to link this to a hardware key.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:24 AM   #23
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
That could work, though you would have to make sure its just on the first touch or something. I think it would be nice if we could remap the app switching button on the e-ink side(does anyone really use it) to tell it to update the screen, that's the best way I can think of.

@javase, any chance you could release the source code? If you need/want somewhere to host it I can give you some space on my site...
emusan,here is the code.I'm so sad that you misspelled my name...
Attached Files
File Type: zip LCD2Einksrc.zip (20.4 KB, 311 views)
Old 07-27-2011, 12:25 AM   #24
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
I tried and seems to be working fine on the PE. Thanks a lot!!

I will try on the EE later and I will let you know...
Thank you fgruber.does it work on EE?
Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 AM   #25
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Is there any possibility of making this work on unrooted units?
sorry I can't find a way to do this yet.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:36 AM   #26
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Did you see you're famous, javese??

Quoted from Appazonia:

"New hack for your Entourage Pocket Edge

July 23rd, 2011 · No Comments · News

Yesterday a developer posted the first version of his screen swap app over on MobileRead.

The app, called LCD2Eink,takes what ever is on the LCD screen and copies it over to the E-ink screen, on command. Note that it doesn’t clone the LCD screen continuously; you have to click the send button before the screen image gets pushed over.

You’ll need to root your Pocket Edge first before it will work. I haven’t done that yet, so I don’t know how well this works.

Still, it’s pretty cool.

via MobileRead"
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #27
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by javese View Post
emusan,here is the code.I'm so sad that you misspelled my name...
thanks, sorry for the misspelling...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #28
javese
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Did you see you're famous, javese??

Quoted from Appazonia:

"New hack for your Entourage Pocket Edge

July 23rd, 2011 · No Comments · News

Yesterday a developer posted the first version of his screen swap app over on MobileRead.

The app, called LCD2Eink,takes what ever is on the LCD screen and copies it over to the E-ink screen, on command. Note that it doesn’t clone the LCD screen continuously; you have to click the send button before the screen image gets pushed over.

You’ll need to root your Pocket Edge first before it will work. I haven’t done that yet, so I don’t know how well this works.

Still, it’s pretty cool.

via MobileRead"
oh,I didn't know that. Will it put me into trouble?
btw,in which case will you root your pe/ee?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #29
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
Hi Javese
I tried and it works.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by javese View Post
Thank you fgruber.does it work on EE?
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #30
vicinc
Guru

I am getting rotated image whatever mode I am.
is there any change to map like screen to screen without rotation?