Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #16
kenoi
kenoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There is a project who's name escapes me right now that involves using a Kobo as a flight display for (possibly) a glider.

They have a custom kernel, and I believe have also done some hardware mods to add OTG support.
Thanks Peter, I see... I guess it's not possible without modifying the hardware, right?

That's bad news, I really wanted to hook up a proper keyboard to the Kobo to use it as an outdoors typing/writing device.

Last edited by kenoi; 08-19-2013 at 07:59 AM.
kenoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #17
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Most probably, you need to add some methods to get the bus powered. Besides software to switch the port into the right mode, the biggest hurdle is typically to get 5 volts with enough milliamperes onto the power rails. I didn't test this on a Kobo, though - it's mostly a more general view on similar devices.

PS: Often, an externally powered USB hub can provide the missing link.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
cloudsun9
cloudsun9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo MIni
see https://github.com/hjr/XCSoar-Kobo-Build for the flight software project that uses a powered OTG cable. That is the only hardware change needed.
It does work, but I too would like to be able to apply that fix to my otherwise straight Kobo Mini.
cloudsun9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo ush host