Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-12-2007, 08:07 AM   #46
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugsly View Post
I got mine!!!! Estimated delivery date is the 17th December.

The poor site will be refreshed to death by the time it arrives

My order ID is 5304 by the way
17 December? Why it takes so long if they can get it within two days to US?

Anyway, they are getting closer to my order number 64xx.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #47
fugsly
living dead girl
fugsly began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
17 December? Why it takes so long if they can get it within two days to US?

Anyway, they are getting closer to my order number 64xx.
I wondered the same as well. My first guess was that they have a warehouse in the US that they ship from.

It would be lovely to get it by the weekend so I can show it off to some friends that are coming up. I'm hoping the estimated delivery time changes to Friday at some point. If I refresh the screen enough anything is possible....
fugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #48
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I'm in England, got my first email this morning with an estimated delivery by midday tomorrow.
I'm surprised it's going to take that much longer to reach Scotland.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #49
fugsly
living dead girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I'm in England, got my first email this morning with an estimated delivery by midday tomorrow.
That is really odd - i'm in central scotland as well not even the highlands.

Ah well - it'll arrive when it arrives, I'm not in the least bit jealous or miffed. Honest.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:12 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Cargo flights are generally overnight. Mine flew from France to Stansted one day, from Stansted to Manchester overnight, then local delivery the next day. If you're in southern Scotland they'll probably fly it from Stansted to Glasgow or Edinburgh and then deliver from there, or Aberdeen if you're in the north.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #51
Ottawa411
Ottawa411 began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150\Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Mine took a day longer then the estimated delivery date. It made it to Canada faster then I thought it would but then sat in limbo for a day waiting for brokerage clearance. I tried to nudge them by continuing to hit the refresh button on the Fedex website but it didn't seem to help.

Maybe you'll have better luck then I did though...
Would you mind my asking what fees (taxes/brokerage) you got hit with when it came into Canada? I have generally had good luck, but I have been hit hard a couple of times with orders from overseas in the past. I am not sure what to expect.
Ottawa411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #52
Danny Fekete
Electronic Education Buff
Danny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, iRex DR1000s, Sony Reader PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Mine took a day longer then the estimated delivery date. It made it to Canada faster then I thought it would but then sat in limbo for a day waiting for brokerage clearance. I tried to nudge them by continuing to hit the refresh button on the Fedex website but it didn't seem to help.

Maybe you'll have better luck then I did though...
Beg pardon, Barcey. Did you need to pay any sort of duty on your Cybook when it was delivered? Mine's just shipped, so I've got a day or so to find a buyer for my liver, need be.

- Danny
Danny Fekete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #53
Danny Fekete
Electronic Education Buff
Danny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the endDanny Fekete knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3, iRex DR1000s, Sony Reader PRS 650
Hah! Sorry, Ottawa. I think we posted at the same time.
Danny Fekete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:52 AM   #54
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
It got here .. a day earlier than the Fed-Ex estimate! .. quite surprising altho they did seem to have allowed rather too much time even considering I live in the boonies!

Anyways .. of course, it's gorgeous! .. and so simple ..

I swapped my iRex for the Cybook and the first thing that i noticed was how much smaller the screen is on the Cybook but in other ways it's a lot more 'beautiful' .. the case is a LOT better and for less price and the fact it just uses a simple USB cable is a LOT better too! .. the iRex system meant cables all over the place! ..

Now i'm going to play .. need to redownload my ebooks once i find the post here (at mobileread) that tells me where to find the PID! ..

I'm on a MAC

happy happy happy! ..

this is a lovely little piece of kit ..

thanks for travelling the waiting road with me everyone!

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy65 View Post
It got here .. a day earlier than the Fed-Ex estimate! .. quite surprising altho they did seem to have allowed rather too much time even considering I live in the boonies!
Hurray!

Quote:
Now i'm going to play .. need to redownload my ebooks once i find the post here (at mobileread) that tells me where to find the PID! ..
While reading any book, click the centre button to display the menu, then select "Advanced...", "About".

Quote:
thanks for travelling the waiting road with me everyone!
I'm worn out just reading about your experience .

Have fun - I'm sure you'll enjoy using it.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:24 AM   #56
fugsly
living dead girl

Good for you Loopy

Have fun playing with it today
Old 12-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #57
fugsly
living dead girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Cargo flights are generally overnight. Mine flew from France to Stansted one day, from Stansted to Manchester overnight, then local delivery the next day. If you're in southern Scotland they'll probably fly it from Stansted to Glasgow or Edinburgh and then deliver from there, or Aberdeen if you're in the north.
I've watched quite a few tracked packages where i watch it get shipped from glasgow to edinburgh and then back again before finally stopping in between. They like to tease me
Old 12-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #58
GoneNova
Enthusiast
GoneNova is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 4,Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, Libra2
I got my Cybook! It's so thin and light! I really like the new black leather case. I was expecting the one they have on their web site, but I think this one will be easier to keep closed.
GoneNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:20 AM   #59
Ottawa411
Ottawa411 began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150\Bookeen Cybook Gen3
I swore I wouldn't, but I am getting very anxious now that it is on its way to me. I know it will be here soon, but it is so hard to wait. Now I am wondering if I will get this new black leather case too. I hadn't heard of it before.
Ottawa411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #60
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa411 View Post
Now I am wondering if I will get this new black leather case too. I hadn't heard of it before.
Nor me! My leather case is a tan one, the same as shown on the web site. It's beautifully made - one of the nicest cases I've come across. I hope the new ones are as nice.