Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #406
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Yes it is your choice not to. I never denied that.

Sorry to ask for proof again but please provide any quote or link to where I stated personal data is the same thing as statistical data.
You are, demonstrably, doing just that. You are refusing to acknowledge my choice and are persisting in repeatedly asking.

Quote:
I stated that I am doing the same thing you have done in the past by asking you to provide some proof or data to back up a claim you made. That such proof or data needs be personal in nature is irrelevant
No, it's the entire point. I did not, have not and will not ask for personal data. You are demanding personal data, when you should take a simple refusal.

Quote:
I have not once attacked you.
Every single time you ask after my refusal is a direct personal attack.

Quote:
I have merely offered for sale a bridge in Australia to anyone who believes you actually used the word "took" the first time you described the actions of those who "took" you idea and claimed credit for it.
It's true. Deal with it. Not everyone has to dance to your tune, and not everyone uses words precisely as you do. I would not use the word "stolen" unless I was making an accusation of criminal misconduct, which I was not - if I had escalated that way in what was no more than normal office politics (and when I could clearly prove the genesis of my ideas) and gotten people fired, I'd of made myself highly unpopular for no good reason.

Quote:
Cheers
And you even have the bad manners to sign your posts on a forum. That's what the signature block is for. Forums are not email. Again, you're simply proving a refusal to acknowledge that different means of communication and different types of data are not the same thing.

Oh, and I'm 99% sure that you're not the greek schmuck trying to hack me, but if you are, τρίτη εκμεταλλεύονται σχετικά με το δικαίωμα. Heh.

Last edited by DawnFalcon; 03-16-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #407
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
You are, demonstrably, doing just that. You are refusing to acknowledge my choice and are persisting in repeatedly asking.
So asking you something is denying you have the choice to answer or not is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon
No, it's the entire point. I did not, have not and will not ask for personal data. You are demanding personal data, when you should take a simple refusal.
I have not "demanded" anything as I do not have the authority to demand anything from you. I have simply asked for data to back up your claim.
Quote:
Every single time you ask after my refusal is a direct personal attack.
If you choose to see it that way that is also your choice.
Quote:
It's true. Deal with it. Not everyone has to dance to your tune, and not everyone uses words precisely as you do. I would not use the word "stolen" unless I was making an accusation of criminal misconduct, which I was not - if I had escalated that way in what was no more than normal office politics (and when I could clearly prove the genesis of my ideas) and gotten people fired, I'd of made myself highly unpopular for no good reason.
Uh huh.
Quote:
And you even have the bad manners to sign your posts on a forum. That's what the signature block is for. Forums are not email. Again, you're simply proving a refusal to acknowledge that different means of communication and different types of data are not the same thing.
Bad manners? Really?

I've never been accussed of bad manners for signing my posts on any forum board I have used in the last 20 years I've been using forum boards.

Perhaps it is you who has the bad manners to expect everyone to behave exactly as you do on a forum board.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Old 03-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #408
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, and I'm 99% sure that you're not the greek schmuck trying to hack me, but if you are, τρίτη εκμεταλλεύονται σχετικά με το δικαίωμα. Heh.
Oh you really need to get a life.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #409
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
Society is often wrong every society. Slavery, segregation, sodomy laws, I'm not going to go all godwin's law here but that society was wrong too. The tyranny of the majority doesn't make them right any more than might makes right.

Sorry, you don't understand, but it's undeniably true, proven over and over by philosophers and history alike.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #410
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post

I'm stating that the mere fact that you believe the decision making process should be based on that information is an assertion by you that this is the "right" way to make decisions. Or the "right" information on which to base decisions.

Ergo, you begin the very decision making process itself with a determination of what you think is "right".

Exactly, you will make a decision based on what you believe to be the "right" thing to do at the time. Which was exactly my point.

Use whatever hacky reasoning you feel like. Just admit that when you made the decision you made that decision based on what you believed to be the right thing to do. And at the time the decision was made it was a perfectly acceptable way to make the decision.

Cheers,
PKFFW

Quoted for truth, right and the American Way!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #411
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

PKFFW - And you're still not backing down. Sigh, I have another internet stalker. Really, it gets boring and occasionally problematical after the first half-dozen.

You're also mistaking good manners with my personal desires, when it comes to manners. There are numerous forums where you'd get warned or banned for post signing.

(Example: EJ, rule 9)

And again with the personal insults. You never ever change or stop do you? See panel 8 (And no, I don't expect you to understand. This is intentional).

Last edited by DawnFalcon; 03-16-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #412
PKFFW
Wizard

Quote:
PKFFW - And you're still not backing down. Sigh, I have another internet stalker. Really, it gets boring and occasionally problematical after the first half-dozen.
So if I'm stalking you because I am replying to you does that mean you are stalking me because you keep replying to me?
Quote:
You're also mistaking good manners with my personal desires, when it comes to manners. There are numerous forums where you'd get warned or banned for post signing.

(Example: EJ, rule 9)
Well as you are the first and only person to ever have accused me of bad manners because I sign my posts then yes I would think you are confusing manners with your own personal desires.

As for other forums.......uh, who cares? I'm not posting on those other forums.

And the fact you are using some board titled "Elitist Jerks" as an example of what should be considered good manners is all the proof I need that you have no idea about good manners.
Quote:
And again with the personal insults. You never ever change or stop do you? See panel 8 (And no, I don't expect you to understand. This is intentional).
Pot-Kettle-Black.........

Cheers,
PKFFW
Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #413
DawnFalcon
Banned

I have not demanded personal data, as you still have. Neither have I made death threats on a forum or tried to get me disconnected from my ISP, to name other things my internet stalkers have graduated to in the past (quite apart from the aforementioned skinheads).

As to "who cares?" I mean it's not like manners matter, after all. Because I'm sure that the standards of common courtesy are glad that you aim below them.

Of course, you now feel the need to bold your rudeness. This does nothing but call more attention to it. So hey - you might accuse (pa, again) me of being a Pot. However, see panel /3/, Mr. Kettle.

(Mods: Waxing highly sarcastic, nothing else.)

Last edited by DawnFalcon; 03-16-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #414
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Folks... this thread is starting to look like a ping-pong match of mud slinging.

Enough with the insults.... don't make me turn this thread around. (er close it).

Can we get back on topic? Is there anything else to say.

BOb - Moderator
Old 03-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #415
DawnFalcon
Banned

I think the mods might want to consider pre-emptively locking piracy threads, BOb. Worse than politics, there's never any new arguments or actually any argument at all - an argument requires a shared frame of reference, and all too often the sides are simply arguing past each other.

(Hi kenny!)
Old 03-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #416
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think the mods might want to consider pre-emptively locking piracy threads, BOb. Worse than politics, there's never any new arguments or actually any argument at all - an argument requires a shared frame of reference, and all too often the sides are simply arguing past each other.

(Hi kenny!)
I do agree with you that pretty much everything has been said about it. That is true of many of the topics here... search for my "The threads that never end" thread.

We did delete out the link to the pirate site in the first place. But... we don't like to close threads where this is a good discussion. We like to leave any thread open, even those that discuss piracy... however... when it devolves to personal insults and back and forth jabs they do get closed.

I think the best thing here is for the parties involved to just stop posting unless it is on topic.

BOB
Old 03-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #417
kennyc

Arrrrrggg!

Thanks Bob!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #418
PKFFW
Wizard

Quote:
I have not demanded personal data, as you still have. Neither have I made death threats on a forum or tried to get me disconnected from my ISP, to name other things my internet stalkers have graduated to in the past (quite apart from the aforementioned skinheads).
I do so hope you are not suggesting or implying that I have made any death threats or tried to get you disconnected? If so I really will have to think about obtaining your personal data as I may be inclined to sue for libel.(seriously though, I couldn't care less and have no interest in your data)

As for demanding personal data......whatever dude!
Quote:
As to "who cares?" I mean it's not like manners matter, after all. Because I'm sure that the standards of common courtesy are glad that you aim below them.
There are places in the world where it is considered rude to not indulge in a jolly big belch after a meal to show your appreciation of said meal.

Should I judge my guests as rude for not doing so? I do not frequent those places, nor live in those places so frankly I don't care what they consider rude or not. Should I choose to visit those places in the future I will then consider modifying my behaviour to what they consider "good manners".

Same with forums. Frankly I don't give a rats **** if another forum board you frequent with the title of "Elitist Jerks" considers it rude to sign my posts. Should I ever wish to post there, I will consider not signing my posts.
Quote:
Of course, you now feel the need to bold your rudeness. This does nothing but call more attention to it. So hey - you might accuse (pa, again) me of being a Pot. However, see panel /3/, Mr. Kettle.

(Mods: Waxing highly sarcastic, nothing else.)
Sorry to ask for data again but please link to anywhere on MR that states signing ones post is considered rude and should not be done.

Until then you claiming what I am doing is rude is no more than your desire to attempt to force me to behave as you personally see fit. I take this as a personal attack and now consider you a stalker!

Cheers,
PKFFW
Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #419
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

OK... I guess that's that.

Thread closed:

BOb
Closed Thread