Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #256
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I just found a "new to me" series through the Amazon Prime Lending Library:

Dixie Divas.

Quote:
The Divas are a martini-drinking crowd of aging belles in a historic Mississippi town filled with money and mansions. When the ex-husband of Diva Bitsy is found murdered, and Bitsy is accused, the Divas set out to solve the crime. Book one of acclaimed author Virginia Brown's cozy mystery series.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #257
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I'm reading Joanne Fluke's Hanah Swensen series. I really love it and it's the perfect series to read during the Xmas season
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:27 AM   #258
lyric39
lyric39
lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: elonex 621eb
Happy new year cozy readers

Hey there lyric here happy new year to you all. Keep up the great recommendations happy reading
Lyric39
lyric39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #259
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I've just finished the first in a new series featuring an Anglican priest, Father Tom Christmas: Twelve Drummers Drumming (no, it isn't a Yuletide offering, but a pun on the character's name).

Wasn't that impressed as it could've been a lot shorter, minus all the character setup. I'd read a sequel to see whether the next one resolves that flaw.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #260
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Currently reading Laura Levine's Jaine Austen series. Good plots and very funny too
Old 01-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #261
TheRailroadguy
TheRailroadguy doesn't litterTheRailroadguy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire
"Big Lake" by Nick Russell.Small town,big mystery.
TheRailroadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #262
estelle58
Cat lover

Reading "A brisket a casket" by Delia Rosen. I'm on chapter 5 and I really like it It's very well written with a lot of humour in it. Reminds me of Laura Levine's books.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #263
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
My library hold finally came in on the latest Pet Sitter mystery: The Cat Sitter's Pajamas. I'm reminded that although the plots often require suspension of belief at times, it's a mainstream cozy series that features (non-stereotypical) gay characters - Dixie's brother and his partner, a fireman and a cop.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #264
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
My library hold finally came in on the latest Pet Sitter mystery: The Cat Sitter's Pajamas. I'm reminded that although the plots often require suspension of belief at times, it's a mainstream cozy series that features (non-stereotypical) gay characters - Dixie's brother and his partner, a fireman and a cop.
They are nice books. I enjoy them

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #265
lyric39
lyric39
lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric39 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: elonex 621eb
Hey everyone has anyone read the blue rose and the rest of the garden series by Anthony Eglin can't put it down lots of twists and turns in this book.
lyric39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 03:32 PM   #266
textaddict
Enthusiast
textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.textaddict can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Into the third book of Jacqueline Winspear's Maisie Dobbs series. Late coming to this series and it's excellent so far.
textaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 12:10 PM   #267
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I liked the ones I read.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 03:32 PM   #268
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The 5 Miss Seeton books by Heron Carvic are great. I really enjoy the way he plays with words and his quirky characters. The series was continued after his death but the books not written by him are not nearly as good. Just don't have his way with words and characters.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote