Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-22-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
Pardoner
Pardoner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello from a returning lurker

I had a good lurk around here 18 months ago when I was choosing an e-reader and found the forum very useful but did not feel the need to register.

I subsequently bought a Kindle. I love it. I find I am reading more because it is so convenient and I especially appreciate not having to haul kilos of books around with me (I seem to be drawn to long reads).

I am back because I want to discuss the apparent lack of reading data recording by e-readers which I think is currently a missed opportunity for both readers and publishers. I'll kick that off in the General Discussions area...

Meanwhile here are some lists:

My all time best reads
The Grapes of Wrath
Crime and Punishment
Dune

Recent good reads
Anathem
The City & The City
Blindness

Currently reading
A Feast for Crows
The Fourth Paradigm: Data-Intensive Scientific Discovery

My user name and avatar are in homage to my enchantment with Chaucer's prose while studying The Pardoner's Tale for my English Literature O-Level in the 1980s, BTW.
--
Radix malorum est Cupiditas

Last edited by Pardoner; 06-22-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Pardoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Hello and welcome to MR!
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Pardoner and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:43 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert