Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #2836
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
If only we had a dedicated forum for audiobooks ...
Yeah, whatever happened to that proposal? Is it still under consideration, tabled, or rejected?
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #2837
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
It's TM's thread and he doesn't mind mildly OT stuff. Heck, I like it too. I was just making a joke about the lack of freebies in the freebie forum.
Oh, I know it was a joke!

But to stray OT again--I just ordered the Moto E. I figured, what the heck. If I goes on sale next week, I'll be annoyed, but a sale after that won't bother me--I don't want to wait.

It looks be a big upgrade from what I have; I'll be able to use the apps and try out KU with narration, my library's Axis 360 audiobooks, Amazon Prime music, etc. It does have a card slot, too.

Since it has no front-facing camera, I won't be able to inflict selfies on the unsuspecting world--another plus!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #2838
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
If only we had a dedicated forum for audiobooks ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I'm with you. I left my stick at home, otherwise...

It's TM's thread and he doesn't mind mildly OT stuff. Heck, I like it too. I was just making a joke about the lack of freebies in the freebie forum.
I don't mind OT at all. Since we don't have an audiobook forum, discussing anything to do with audiobooks is appropriate for this thread.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #2839
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yeah, whatever happened to that proposal? Is it still under consideration, tabled, or rejected?
Quietly ignored
Old 08-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #2840
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Does anyone have any comments on Todays daily deal,
Quote:
Neverwhere [Adaptation] Written by: Neil Gaiman Narrated by: Christopher Lee, James McAvoy, Natalie Dormer, David Harewood, Sophie Okonedo, Benedict Cumberbatch, Anthony Head
I notice that it's an adaption so I assume it is not the full text of the book. I've not read any Gaimans books before and wondered if I would be missing much by grabbing this rather than the original text.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #2841
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Does anyone have any comments on Todays daily deal, I notice that it's an adaption so I assume it is not the full text of the book. I've not read any Gaimans books before and wondered if I would be missing much by grabbing this rather than the original text.
It's a full cast audio play; a dramatization. Therefore, it's abridged. BBC does this all the time.

Check out these BBC Radio stations and sample some of the books they do. Most of it can be found on BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 4extra.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #2842
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Does anyone have any comments on Todays daily deal, I notice that it's an adaption so I assume it is not the full text of the book. I've not read any Gaimans books before and wondered if I would be missing much by grabbing this rather than the original text.
I listened to the unabridged version read by Gaiman himself and it was fun. It was 12+ hours and the abridged version is basically a long play at under 4 hours, so they would be very different experiences.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #2843
Piepan
Connoisseur
Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the middle of MN
Device: Kindle Fire HD6, Kindle Fire HD (Gen1), KT (original), KK, iPhone
Thumbs up

Quote:
Oh wow! So much for compulsively checking the Daily Deals - today I didn't (but I did check this thread! Ha! Priorities!!). And, make me a liar that I am always disappointed - not so with this one.

Chalk up one more for the buy bucket for me. I almost spent one of the recent $10 Credits that I qualified for on this adaptation... I am a fan of audio dramatizations really... so to pick it up for $1.95 is great.
Piepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:28 PM   #2844
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piepan View Post
I am a fan of audio dramatizations really... so to pick it up for $1.95 is great.
Do you listen to them on BBC Radio 4 & 4e?
Old 08-20-2014, 11:08 PM   #2845
Piepan
Connoisseur
Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the middle of MN
Device: Kindle Fire HD6, Kindle Fire HD (Gen1), KT (original), KK, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Do you listen to them on BBC Radio 4 & 4e?
Ummm.... I presume there is somewhere to listen online ?? Answer: no I don't.

Dare I ask where or shall I save you googling it for me and just go look up how and where for myself

(Duh, hint: bbc...co...uk)

Last edited by Piepan; 08-20-2014 at 11:10 PM. Reason: ETA: Duh, hint: bbc...co...uk
Piepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:17 PM   #2846
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I listened to the unabridged version read by Gaiman himself and it was fun. It was 12+ hours and the abridged version is basically a long play at under 4 hours, so they would be very different experiences.
Thanks Synamon & tubemonkey I think I'll give it a miss I have a teeny amount of promo credit to spend which expires soon but I think I'll hold out for something better to come along
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:02 AM   #2847
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piepan View Post
Ummm.... I presume there is somewhere to listen online ?? Answer: no I don't.

Dare I ask where or shall I save you googling it for me and just go look up how and where for myself

(Duh, hint: bbc...co...uk)
I have it permanently linked in the OP under "other Offers" and "other Sources"

It's in dire need of updating; which I'll get around to in the next day or two.

...and also a few posts up.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:24 AM   #2848
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thanks for the info. I won't be using the first three, but this fourth one is of real interest to me--I've got it bookmarked and want to go back to it when I have enough time to look through a lot of the selection.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:52 AM   #2849
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntlee View Post
That's such great information -- thank you!

Question -- can you connect the phone to a computer and put audio files on it that will play from a music app or something?

lee
I can't answer about this specific phone model, but I can do that with a my Samsung Galaxy S3, so I would assume you can. It might be worth a trip to an AT&T store to ask them?
stormcloude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #2850
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntlee View Post
Question -- can you connect the phone to a computer and put audio files on it that will play from a music app or something?
Yes it will certainly connect to a computer.

If you can find an app to suit your purpose is another matter. I use the audible app and an mp3 player if that answers your question.
tch65721 is online now   Reply With Quote