Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 03:47 AM   #1
KoopaOne
Austrian Bookworm
KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4
doc2fb.exe

There is a Tool called "doc2fb.exe" from FictionBook, available here. Since it's in Russian, i have no clue how do use it.
Anyone successfully used it? Or is someone here who can translate it to english?
KoopaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
rz5
rz5 began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook
Yes, I used it just now the first time - and it is very easy and fast. I think there is only one restriction - it requires MS Word 2003.
1. Download the .exe and double-click it to install. The installation program interface seems to be in German, but I guessed there is an installation directory that can be changed if needed. After you click to install - it is silent. Does not give you any message that installation is complete, but in a second or two it is done. You can check that there are files in the installation directory, plus there will be a shortcut on a Desktop - doc2fb.
2. Double-click on the shortcut - it brings up program window.

1 - Files
2 - Settings
3 - Info
4 - Select a Folder
5 - Convert
6 - Log

Some comments. The program is ready for batch processing, so it tells you to select a folder, not a file. So if you only have one file to convert - place it in a separate folder.

Once you selected the folder, click a button to Convert. It is very fast - and you will see a message in the Log that a converted file is created and placed in the folder with the original file.

Just open the generated file and see how it looks.

What I noticed. It reads MS Word Properties Author and Title fields to insert it in the fb2, so verify the doc before converting.

Here is a screen shot of the Settings tab.

1 - Show MS Word during conversion
2 - Close doc2fb after conversion
3 - Replace Line-break with Paragraph-break
4 - Remove blank lines
5 - Read references as (regular expression)
6 - Read comments as (regular expression)
7 - Save changes as a document version
Button on the bottom - Save Settings

Good luck!

Last edited by rz5; 02-07-2010 at 09:04 AM.
rz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
KoopaOne
Austrian Bookworm
KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KoopaOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4
Karma! Thanks
KoopaOne is offline   Reply With Quote