Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Worldwide xmas offer - 20% off all eBooks

Hi all.

As a thank you for all the help, advice, encouragement and criticism Mobile read users have given us this year, Directebooks.com would like to give you all an exclusive 20% total discount off all eBooks. Just enter this code at checkout -VGX6SOF11H. It is valid until the 1st January. Enjoy!

We also now offer paypal gift certs for our store which is an ideal holidays gift.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions, comments or feedback.

Thanks again

Gareth and the team at Directebooks.com

Please note that this offer does not apply to any ebooks that are already discounted over 20%! Thanks

Last edited by Direct Ebooks; 12-18-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Oh - and have a great Christmas and a really good New Year!

Last edited by Direct Ebooks; 12-17-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
trout
Enthusiast
trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct Ebooks View Post
And you! Enjoy the holidays.

Gareth
Its not that Worldwide does not allow UK purchases refers you to sony and their 2 providers Smiths Waterstones Borders now closed down
trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:33 AM   #4
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout View Post
Its not that Worldwide does not allow UK purchases refers you to sony and their 2 providers Smiths Waterstones Borders now closed down
Hi Trout.
Sorry - I'm having a bad morning - but what do you mean? All of our eBooks are available wordwide.

Thanks

Gareth
Old 12-18-2009, 06:25 AM   #5
trout
Enthusiast
trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

[QUOTE=Direct Ebooks;701851]Hi Trout.
Sorry - I'm having a bad morning - but what do you mean? All of our eBooks are available wordwide.

Thanks

Gareth[/QUOTE
]Worldwide xmas offer
As I said I could not purchase in the UK,your site required a US delivery address.
Possibly I am doing something wrong
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #6
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Hi Again.

Thats definitely not the case. I'm not sure where you might be seeing this info.
You can buy from anwhere and we do have customers from almost every country on the store! The address page is open and doesnt mention any particular
Feel free to email me your details and I can give you a call to discuss or we can im through the live help on the site.

Regards

Gareth

gcuddy@directebooks.com
Old 12-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Gareth,

Would it be true to say that the reason there are no geographical restrictions on your site is simply due to the fact that you're not selling books which ARE geographically restricted? Eg, I've just searched for Terry Pratchett books, and you don't appear to sell any. What gives? They are available from pretty much every other seller - with restrictions, of course.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #8
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Hi Harry.

Thats exactly right. Part of the reson I set up the site was because of my frustration at geo restrictions. It costs me customers and sales not to sell the restricted bestsellers, but I'm sticking to my guns for now!

Unlike other retailers who will remain unnamed who sell geo restricted titles to anyone who comes knocking!
Old 12-18-2009, 08:24 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for clarifying that.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Harry, I see you've been around a while in this space. What are your thoughts on my position? Foolhardy? The right way to go?
I'd be interested in your opinion.

thanks
Old 12-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I understand your position, but obviously you are losing business from it simply because so many "best sellers" ARE geographically restricted. It's a matter of deciding which is more important - the principle, or the sales. If you've built your side on the idea that "all our books are sold worldwide", then it will perhaps annoy existing customers to change that. On the other hand, you'd gain new customers who are currently unable to buy what they wish from you.

It's a complex issue, with no simple right or wrong answer.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #12
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Well personally I think your position is a good one but pointless as what you have effectively done is just made the non geo-restricted books easier to find in one place. But I must say the site is fantastic and I will definitely be taking advantage of this when my new card comes, thank goodness it's valid until the new year! I'm going on a spending spree I see. My only query is that why is only one book in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams available? Seems odd to only have one

Last edited by seagull; 12-18-2009 at 11:09 AM.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #13
trout
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct Ebooks View Post
Hi Again.

Thats definitely not the case. I'm not sure where you might be seeing this info.
You can buy from anwhere and we do have customers from almost every country on the store! The address page is open and doesnt mention any particular
Feel free to email me your details and I can give you a call to discuss or we can im through the live help on the site.

Regards

Gareth

gcuddy@directebooks.com
Sorted it out now must have been my fault just purchased Churchill
Thanks
Old 12-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #14
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

See below
Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #15
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Thanks for the business trout - much appreciated. Let me know what you think of the book as its one that caught my eye as well.

in regards to my own personal vendetta against geo restrictions - its like that eternal question - stick to what I believe in or make more money?

I'll keep pondering it I guess!