Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-08-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Moon+ question.

I am new to Moon+ and I can't seem to get the indents to work the way I want. I would like to find a way to get Moon+ to honor the CSS indents. In the disable CSS menu, it doesn't seem to make any difference if the disable indent is checked or unchecked. If I use the other indent control, everything gets indented including the headers etc.

I have sent emails to the developers of FBreader and Cool Reader suggesting that control of the indent could be accomplished fairly easily bye overriding any indent other than zero. But I digress.

Thaks in advance - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Sounds like it's a book coding issue. I run mind through Calibre and in Moon+ have the indent first line checked and set at 2 and it only indents the first line of each paragraph.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
It's a moon issue. It's just not good with following CSS. Mantano is much better in this respect.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:42 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
In the disable CSS menu, it doesn't seem to make any difference if the disable indent is checked or unchecked. If I use the other indent control, everything gets indented including the headers etc.
You have to uncheck the Disable indent in the Disable CSS styles and under Preferences - Miscellaneous - Typesetting you need to have the Indent first line of paragraph option unchecked.

Doing this my CSS indents are respected. First paragraph not indented and every other indented and headers left alone.

Either way Moon+ will not indent headers unless the header is actually labeled with a <p> paragraph tag and not a <h1> header tag. So if your headers are being indented then it is most likely tagged wrong in the book code.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Code:
PHP Code:
[CODE][PHP
[/PHP][/CODE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
You have to uncheck the Disable indent in the Disable] CSS styles and under Preferences - Miscellaneous - Typesetting you need to have the Indent first line of paragraph option unchecked.

Doing this my CSS indents are respected. First paragraph not indented and every other indented and headers left alone.

Either way Moon+ will not indent headers unless the header is actually labeled with a <p> paragraph tag and not a <h1> header tag. So if your headers are being indented then it is most likely tagged wrong in the book code.
I checked the ebook internals and found that the headers were, indeed, using the <p> tag. Everything else was as you said as well.

Thaks to all for the help - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert