Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
schooner1892
schooner1892 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pubit!/Add Title Previewer shows ellipsis in title bar

Hi,

I'm about to upload a Nook ebook for sale. Everything's ready except I don't understand the previewer. Nook automatically places the title at the top of the screen. I didn't have my title there in my EPUB document. I first noticed that it picked up my subtitle also, showing title and subtitle at the top of the screen as "UNCHARTED VOYAGE - A Novel of Inter…" — like that, cut off, with an ellipsis. Well, that's understandable. It's a long subtitle. See the big attachment.

Then I recalled that some time ago I wanted to have the title and my name at the top, the way it's done in print books. Keep both in front of the reader's eyes—best advertising there is. So I put the title and my name in, then opened preview, but no matter how I spaced them I ended up with characters being cut off and an ellipsis, and there's plenty of room in that spot for all the letters in the title and my name along with a good space batween them, as in the small attachment.

It would be best if my name ended up as though it was right justified.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is it just that the preview function doesn't show what I put in correctly, and that it will once the book is up online? In addition, when BN says it's easy to come back and edit do they really mean that, or does a writer have to wait another 48 to 72 hours to get re posted?

Thanks much,

Rafael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	It's like this in Preview.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	92408   Click image for larger version

Name:	I WANT IT LIKE THIS!.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	92409