Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #1
hwhovis
hwhovis began at the beginning.

Device: Be Book
Calibre won't start up

Hi all,
I have Kubuntu 10.10 installed on my laptop. Recently Calibre worked fine but a few days ago Calibre won't start up. When i start up in a terminal i get the following error back;
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/calibre", line 19, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 321, in main
app, opts, args, actions = init_qt(args)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 40, in init_qt
from calibre.gui2.ui import Main
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 31, in <module>
from calibre.gui2.widgets import ProgressIndicator
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/widgets.py", line 26, in <module>
from calibre.gui2.progress_indicator import ProgressIndicator as _ProgressIndicator
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/progress_indicator/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
pi_error)
RuntimeError: Failed to load the Progress Indicator plugin: the sip module implements API v8.0 but the progress_indicator module requires API v7.1

sincerely Henk Hovis, Almere, the Netherlands
hwhovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:19 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to MobileRead ...

I'll get this moved to the Calibre Forum for you ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 03:29 AM   #3
Valentino
Connoisseur
Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valentino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: some.
Your distribution needs to rebuild calibre, looks like they upgraded python-sip and didn't rebuild calibre against it or something. I would file a bug report with kubuntu.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:45 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwhovis View Post
I have Kubuntu 10.10 installed on my laptop. Recently Calibre worked fine but a few days ago Calibre won't start up.
~~~
RuntimeError: Failed to load the Progress Indicator plugin: the sip module implements API v8.0 but the progress_indicator module requires API v7.1
Your distribution needs to rebuild calibre, looks like they upgraded python-sip and didn't rebuild calibre against it or something. I would file a bug report with kubuntu.
Alternatively you can uninstall your distribution install of calibre (since it isn't supported by Kovid) and install calibre via the binary install described here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote