Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Overview

Scribbles:
They already can be merged automatically into a new PDF.
Free PDF readers show a list of all scribbles as comments and clicking a comment links to the correponding page in the PDF.

Highlights of text:
Can be exported as TXT (with personal annotations? i.e. adding text like the page number?)
How is the TXT-file handled, if the PDF is closed and later the highlighting continues? Is the data appended to the existing file, an additional file added, or the old file overwritten?

Confirmed work (Booxtor) already in progress:

*Highlights of text will be stored in PDFs, too ("Merge highlights along with scribble into new PDF").

*Annotation information visible in Table of Contents (ToC).

*Hide and display scribbles and/or annotations on pdf files on the M92 at will.

*Chronology for each book – (let say 10 or another configurable value) opened pages in a book. So a reader can easily go for example to a register/addendum and back to the last read page (show taskbar let say by long holding the OK button)

*Column Zoom mode - navigating along column with buttons, flipping to other column at end/beginning of current column

*more than one open book, "multitasking"
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Please note that those are not really comments, where you see that scribble/writing "second" each letter is a comment.Do you really want that ? I doubt it
Well i definately can life with it. I was afraid, that the scribbles would only appear in the expensive Acrobat. But they are everywhere available, the corresponding page number in the PDF is shown and they work as links!

I think i could even find a positive thing about how it is currently implemented: the more PDF-comments, the more was written on that page.

And if the developers will have implemented the most important things on their to-do list, it shouldn't be impossible for them, to offer a possibility to let the user decide, when he wants to end a comment and begin a new one when scribbling on a page.
I think we have a very solid base how it is implemented.

Quote:
It an abuse to call them comments, I do not really understand why it is so.
I guess this is coming from Adobe. If you create something linkable like that, it is called "comment" in PDF-terms.

Quote:
My advice: go and buy the damn thing, it works believe me
At 99% i will. But i want the black version, so i still have time to learn more about it before the final decision.
But what i have learned today, has convinced me that it must work quite well already with the current firmware. But with the implementations that will come it should become an almost perfect reader for academic reading - and the best out there hands down.

Quote:
When I was about to buy M92 JBC surfaced and I was split between the two.
I ruled out PB9xx becuse its inability to export comments/annotations properly
That was the case one month ago ...not sure if that changed
I do not want to go back to look
The CPU of the M92 is much faster.
Have you seen on jbaach's videos how long the 9xx takes for highlighting text? It are these aspects, that decide if you can work productively or not.

Last edited by Defenderland; 03-02-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #18
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Of course I did, I am the one who sent you to search them :-) and they are in the very thread where I posted my comments, the one you quoted above.
Anyway, I brainwashed you to buy the thing, I stopped you from buying JBC that is all it matters for me (I am now teasing the JBC users)
So my work is finished here...

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 03-02-2012 at 09:13 PM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #19
Defenderland
Groupie

Not yet. If you could answer my questions regarding highlighting of text & the TXT-files it would be very appreciated.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #20
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Not yet. If you could answer my questions regarding highlighting of text & the TXT-files it would be very appreciated.
then wait another month or so till you get the answer to that.
what you see in the wiki is not confirmed, at least that is my understanding
I have no idea how were those requests labelled with yellow ...who confirmed that they are working on them?
However I don't think you can find a better ereader

PF
over and out
Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #21
Defenderland
Groupie

It was already explained who confirmed it.
Are you drunk?
Old 03-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #22
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Are you drunk?
must have been since I spent so much time replying to your questions
that's the only way I can explain it

no more replies from me, I am sober no
Old 03-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #23
Defenderland
Groupie

Thanks, because the answers you gave were wrong or misleading anyway.