Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2023, 06:25 AM   #2116
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
I didn't read all 141 pages, so I don't know if this has been asked already.

I would love to see the option to do a reverse sort on Name, Author, Size, etc. With thousands of books, it is a pain to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list, if what I want is closer to the end.

The logical way to implement this is to reverse the sort when you select the same sort option a second time. This wouldn't require changing the GUI. In fact, that was the first thing I tried a few years ago, when I bought my Clara HD.

I note that koreader has the option to reverse sort, but I didn't like koreader, so I uninstalled it.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 07:23 AM   #2117
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
it is a pain to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list
If you go up from the first page with a button, you'll be at the end of the list. This also works for tapping on the arrows on the screen, even though it is greyed out.

You can also tap on the scroll bar directly to jump (including to the beginning or end of the list).
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2023, 07:25 AM   #2118
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
I didn't read all 141 pages, so I don't know if this has been asked already.

I would love to see the option to do a reverse sort on Name, Author, Size, etc. With thousands of books, it is a pain to scroll all the way to the bottom of the list, if what I want is closer to the end.

In case you weren't aware, on some screens, if you swipe left to right, it will go to the last page.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 05:52 PM   #2119
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks to both of you. I will try those tricks. I should get my replacement 2E tomorrow. The first one had dead pixels.
Old 05-06-2023, 07:40 PM   #2120
jgray
Fanatic

Both of those tricks worked. Thanks.

I should have known that the arrows would wrap around, but didn't think of it, since they are greyed out.
Advert
Old 05-11-2023, 05:56 AM   #2121
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Support for font properties in compliance with CSS3, like:

Code:
font-feature-settings
font-kerning
font-variant-ligatures
font-variant-position
font-variant-caps
font-variant-numeric
etc.
Obviously, for both book formats: kepub and epub.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 05:10 AM   #2122
jodashadow
jodashadow began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
To be able to organise a collection of books into a folder system, within the Books tab would be great. Yes, I know they have a Collections tab that attempts to do something similar but it's just not the same. Maybe even if they just allowed the non-organised books to sit under the collections, within the collections tab, that would also be ok.
jodashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 04:10 PM   #2123
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I'd like the option to sort collections by filename.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 05:29 PM   #2124
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Nevermind, misread post
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 06:50 PM   #2125
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post

Code:
font-feature-settings
font-kerning
font-variant-ligatures
font-variant-position
font-variant-caps
font-variant-numeric
etc.
What you are asking for is for Kobo to update RMSDK to the latest version. I too would really like this. But I doubt it will happen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 06:04 AM   #2126
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post

Code:
font-feature-settings
font-kerning
font-variant-ligatures
font-variant-position
font-variant-caps
font-variant-numeric
etc.
At the very least they could add support in kepub. The engines do not IMO need to have complete feature parity.
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 03:14 PM   #2127
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Predictive text on the virtual keyboard. Will make note taking on non fiction much easier. I realise this is a minority use case but would make a big difference to me.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 03:40 AM   #2128
w00dent0p
Connoisseur
w00dent0p began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Couple of quirks. Apologies if they've been mentioned before.

1) When you search for a word in the dictionary, and it comes back with
"Your search for 'xyz' did not match any words in the dictionary. The closest match was 'xyz'"
Followed by the definition for the exact word you're searching for.
Anyone else see this? Happens to me a lot.

2) When sorting books by 'Series', Kobo reverts to sorting by 'Title' when there is no associated 'Series'. Which is fine.
But then it interleaves these books with those in a 'Series', instead of putting them all together, either at the beginning or at the end of the list.
Not the end of the world, but I find this a bit strange.
w00dent0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 03:16 AM   #2129
Strrav
Enthusiast
Strrav began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O edition 2
night mode on every recent model !!
assignable gesture ( as in koreader)
Strrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 06:27 AM   #2130
podginator
podginator knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'podginator knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'podginator knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'podginator knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'podginator knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'podginator knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'podginator knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'podginator knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'podginator knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'podginator knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'podginator knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Clara
A pocket replacement.
podginator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo