Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre 0.7 and Multiple devices

I am quite likely to have mutiple e-reading caqpable devices plugged in at the same time:
- Sony PRS-505
- iPad (using both iBooks and Stanza 3.0)
Will this upset Calibre?

I could turn off the iPad device driver I guess but I was looking to use the Calibre integration with itunes. While talking about the iPad is there any thoughts of upgrading the iTunes integration to handle Stanza now that an iPad compatible version has been released?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:27 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I am quite likely to have mutiple e-reading caqpable devices plugged in at the same time:
- Sony PRS-505
- iPad (using both iBooks and Stanza 3.0)
Will this upset Calibre?
Assuming the devices are different, no. It will find one of them and connect to it. The other will be ignored until the first is ejected. If Calibre is started while multiple devices are attached, the same device will always be found. The search order is fixed, but not intuitive.

Two of the same device could be interesting, especially on windows. I can see situations where it would get the main memory from one and storage cards from the other. Best to avoid this situation.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 04:45 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Yes I see now. I plugged them both in and only one (the Sony as it happened). When that was ejected the iPad showed up

I do not have the case of two different devices of the same type (although I would love to have two iPads )

I am going to start a separate thread about calibre/iPad integration issues as I suspect that could be a long thread.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote