Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
TottsuKita
TottsuKita began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Uploading Personal Documents onto KT without Wi-Fi

I just got a Kindle Touch and am trying to upload my .doc files onto it without needing to connect to Wi-Fi. I've so far tried the method listed on the amazon website (emailing the file to my kindle), but in the end, it still required Wi-Fi.

I'm new to the world of eBooks and see that there are a couple of programs (like Calibre or eCub), but how do I actually upload them onto the Kindle?

And if it matters, I'm on a Mac.
TottsuKita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
I would say: Install Calibre, import the document to calibre, connect the Kindle using the usb-cable and then have Calibre upload the document to the Kindle.
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
TottsuKita
TottsuKita began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
That worked great. Thank you!
TottsuKita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
NoHolyGrail
Connoisseur
NoHolyGrail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (previously owned PRS-500, PRS-600)
In case somebody still wants to do this without Calibre: the instructions on the Kindle site are actually incorrect/outdated for USB transfer of converted documents. What you have to do is email the document to your Kindle account @free.kindle.com (NOT @kindle.com, which used to work also but now only works over wireless) and then the converted document will be sent as an attachment to your email (if you have more than one email linked to your Kindle account, it will be sent to the primary email, not necessarily the one you sent the original file from). Then you can just copy it into the documents folder on your Kindle. I hope this helps.
NoHolyGrail is offline   Reply With Quote