Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 07-08-2007, 05:11 AM   #1
Canadiancynic
Canadiancynic began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Lifedrive
Question Creating Ebook 'Bundles' with Plucker from Local Files

I have an interesting dillemma. I've been grabbing Project Gutenberg titles I like for a while now and using another utility to convert a few txt files at a time for my older cell phone. (TequilaCat Bookreader) Now that I have my Lifedrive and I figured out how to use Sunrise Desktop, I've fallen in love with Plucker and would prefer to move all of my ebooks to Plucker from Mobipocket. I still have all of the original text files from PG.

I'll give a short example of what I'd like to do

I have (for example) these separate ebook files

Tarzan.txt
Tarzan and Jane.txt
Tarzan and the Jewels of Ophar.txt
Tarzan and the Apes.txt

I would like to, in effect, create a 'website' for one of the Plucker desktop applications to go through and create a meta-file, one entry that shows in my main Plucker library, say

'The Complete Tarzan' -Then links to -
Tarzan.txt
Tarzan and Jane.txt
Tarzan and the Jewels of Ophar.txt
Tarzan and the Apes.txt

It would be gravy if an application could also parse the file to pull out the 'Chapter' headings, in effect creating 2 levels of links,

Complete Tarzan
Tarzan.txt
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Is this possible? Does such an application exist? If so, where can I find it and is there documentation?

I ask because TequilaCat was able to parse for 'Chapter' within the text file, and I've got so many ebooks that placing them in collections would simplify my life immensely.

Thanks
Old 07-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancynic View Post
I would like to, in effect, create a 'website' for one of the Plucker desktop applications to go through and create a meta-file, one entry that shows in my main Plucker library
Convert all to HTML.
Create in "index" page with anchor tags pointing to each document.
Point Sunrise at the index page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancynic View Post
It would be gravy if an application could also parse the file to pull out the 'Chapter' headings, in effect creating 2 levels of links,
I tried this, but Plucker doesn't seem to respect within-the-document anchor tags.

I'm attaching an example using some of the eBooks that I have laying around. Note that the doclist.sdl file is only the PART of the Plucker config (not the whole file) for the eBook.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SpaceCadet.zip (339.0 KB, 594 views)
Old 07-11-2007, 05:53 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You might want to take a look at "Book Designer". It's the tool that most of us Sony Reader folks are using the produce the books in the "Book Uploads" forum, and can produce output in multiple formats, including MobiPocket.