Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 12-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
One (really) last update for Marvin iOS 5 + iPad users

One last update for iPad-only/iOS 5 bringing all the features, enhancements and fixes in the Universal version of Marvin 2.5 and 2.5.5.

You'll find it in the "Purchased" section of the App Store app on your device. You should scroll through your purchases to find it. For some reason, the App Store won't show it if you just search in your purchases.

New users should get the Universal version.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
I must have missed that...bummer.

"The item you've requested is not available in the Dutch Store"...

EDIT: This is after locating the iPad only version in my purchased items and right-clicking on the icon to go the store page.

Last edited by At_Libitum; 12-17-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added additional info
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Not available here, either. The last version offered here is still 2.4.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Checking.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Device: Ipad Air and Ipad Mini with retina (using Marvin)
Not in the UK either - still 2.4
Richard Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Version 2.5.4 on my iPad (Dutch store) since yesterday(?).

Found under "updates" on the iPad.

Edit:
=> iOS 7

Last edited by mariosipad; 12-18-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Added iOS version
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
kguil
Addict

Could you check again? Remember on iOS 5, you have to go to the purchased section and *scroll* through your purchases (with the left/right arrows) and find Marvin there. Running a search in the purchased section won't work (for some reason I can't fathom).
Old 12-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #8
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Exclamation

It's a total mess:
  • On iPad 3 running iOS 7, the most recent version shown in that "Purchased" section is still 2.4, so nothing to do there.
  • On iPad 1 running iOS 5, the first 2 Marvin versions offered in the "Purchased" section are the two that are not eligible, Marvin Universal and Marvin Free. On the sixth page of apps, there is Marvin for iPad, version 2.5.4, but tapping the "install" icon brings up the pop-up error "The item you are trying to buy is no longer available".
Kris, what about making the Marvin for iPad installation file available for us to download separately outside the App Store? I think I'd be able to install it using iFunBox, which offers an "Install App" feature even for non-jailbroken iDevices. It may be that I'll have to enter my App Store access data when trying to run a Marvin installed that way for the first time, but entering my own App Store access data as a one-time measure would be no problem, of course.

iOS is really an insult to human intelligence, besides looking fug-ugly since iOS 7, too. The only thing holding me back from switching to Android immediately (especially on the phone), is that apps like (especially) Marvin and Mailbox are not available on Android. If they were, I'm switching away from iPhone right this minute.

Last edited by Faterson; 12-19-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #9
kguil
Addict

If I make any app available outside of the App Store, Apple will get very angry at me. For them it's one of the biggest no-no's.

To try and fix the problem I even (re)made the iPad-only version temporarily available to everyone in all regions for free (so the update propagates to all App Stores) but still it's a hit and miss. I'll write them for advice, though I'm not hopeful I'll get a satisfactory answer (they're off on holiday shut down soon).
Old 12-19-2013, 05:24 AM   #10
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
The update *is* there (at least in the German AppStore) but it took a *long* time to propagate; in fact, the update arrived in the German AppStore only *yesterday*.

So it took by far longer than any other update so far, so you simply might have to wait a bit yet.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #11
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Just to quote myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Version 2.5.4 on my iPad (Dutch store) since yesterday(?).

Found under "updates" on the iPad.

Edit:
=> iOS 7
On my iPad 1 (iOS 5) I can find the update in the Appstore app, but I cannot update as it seems to need iOS 6!?

Still happy with Marvin

Old 12-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #12
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

You're looking at the wrong version, mariospad. There will be 3 Marvins shown to you on your iPad 1, although 2 of them cannot be installed. You need to find the "Marvin for iPad" version. I found it hidden on the sixth page of apps in the "Purchased" section, but it refuses to load, anyway ("no longer available" popup).
Old 12-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #13
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
The update *is* there (at least in the German AppStore) but it took a *long* time to propagate; in fact, the update arrived in the German AppStore only *yesterday*.
That is no big surprise. I had to wait for a week when the iPhone version got released before I could find it on iTunes. That's what you get when a store is country bound...too many captains on the ship.

Well, I got mine updated finally. Weird thing is, I could update it on the iPad but it still reports as not available when I tried the same via iTunes. Anyways, it's updated now.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #14
mariosipad
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
You're looking at the wrong version, mariospad. There will be 3 Marvins shown to you on your iPad 1, although 2 of them cannot be installed. You need to find the "Marvin for iPad" version. I found it hidden on the sixth page of apps in the "Purchased" section, but it refuses to load, anyway ("no longer available" popup).
I hate to admit it, but you are 100% right! Perhaps I should have cleaned my glasses before I attempted to update?

I also get the error: "no longer available" on the iPad 1 with iOS 5.

On my iPad 3 with iOS 7 I had no problems updating (the iPad only version) a few days ago.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #15
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Same situation for me now here as well. Successful update on iPad 3 running iOS 7, but only the "Item no longer available" popup notice on iPad 1 running iOS 5, despite the same version being offered for download (2.5.4).