Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 09-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
mattfl
mattfl has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505
Sony PRS-505 Like New!

Selling my 505 to upgrade to either a Kindle or Nook.

Purchased from Sony directly last june. When I was heavily using this a few months ago to read a few hours per day I could go a few weeks without having to charge it.

There are no cosmetic defects on the reader as I have always kept it in a case and it comes with all the original accessories and a nice Case Logic protective case.

Shipping will be from Florida and I will ship internationally for actual shipping costs.

Looking to get $175 + shipping costs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	everything.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	548.1 KB
ID:	58466   Click image for larger version

Name:	everything1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	589.7 KB
ID:	58467   Click image for larger version

Name:	everything3.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	704.9 KB
ID:	58468   Click image for larger version

Name:	closeup.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	519.5 KB
ID:	58469  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-26-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Sold by OP
mattfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does the screen fade in direct sunlight?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
mattfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does the screen fade in direct sunlight?

I have never had a problem with reading this in direct sunlight, no.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just that we've been having some discussion of screens that do fade in the sunlight and given that the 505 is well out of warranty, if it did fade in the sun, you'd have to get it fixed from Sony before it was really able to be sold.

Good luck with the sale.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could you please upload few photos of the reader switched on?
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
mattfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
Could you please upload few photos of the reader switched on?
Sure thing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	on.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	475.1 KB
ID:	58481   Click image for larger version

Name:	on1.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	531.3 KB
ID:	58482  
Old 09-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please read the STICKY, which is directed toward ALL careful Members of MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:50 AM   #8
mattfl

anymore questions/request for pictures?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 AM   #9
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! Let me deal with the potential buyer. I'll reply to you a bit later.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:30 AM   #10
mattfl

Quote:
Thanks! Let me deal with the potential buyer. I'll reply to you a bit later.
Sounds good!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #11
BeTePoK
Guru

The buyer asked for a little discount of $15
All shipping costs will be covered, of course.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #12
mattfl

Quote:
The buyer asked for a little discount of $15
All shipping costs will be covered, of course.
We can do that.

Let me know where it's shipping to so I can calculate shipping.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #13
BeTePoK
Guru

Shipping will cost about $30 (USPS Priority Mail).
I receved "buy" sign, so please send me your PP account details and allow to complete a transaction within next 2 days, since it's hard to get paypal in Belarus. Also send me your email via PM and I will provide you with shipping info. Thanks!

Last edited by BeTePoK; 09-23-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #14
mattfl

Quote:
deteted
Are you still interested in buying this?
Old 09-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #15
BeTePoK
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfl View Post
Are you still interested in buying this?
See my post above