Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #16
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
I am sorry to say that in a way I feel the same way as Paul. I won't be selling my eDGe, though. I will be keeping the eDGe but now I do all my reading on the iPad. I am satisfied with the eDGe overall and it has very nice features but it is too bulky and heavy. I can see how the device would be useful to students in a classroom. Rather then carrying so many books, you would be carrying the eDGe. However, I am not a student anymore. Don't get me wrong. It is a very nice device and I still enjoy using it at times but it is not my preferred device for reading. The iPad is.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #17
Franky
Nameless Being

so who don't you take a peek at the Pandigital Novel?
Old 07-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

The Pan novel seems neat but I am looking for a device that is pure eInk. The price of the Pan novel is tempting but I don't want an LCD screen for reading.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #19
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
...it is not my preferred device for reading. The iPad is.

Quote:
The Pan novel seems neat but I am looking for a device that is pure eInk. The price of the Pan novel is tempting but [n]I don't want an LCD screen for reading[/n].
Uhmmmm .... isn't the iPad an LCD screen?
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #20
zetareticuli
Addict

Yes, it is. However, as much as I love the iPad and I think it is the best reader for PDFs, I am not invulnerable to the eye strain. This is the primary reason I am looking for an eInk.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:24 AM   #21
Franky
Nameless Being

why don't you get yourself an Irex DR800SG?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #22
zetareticuli
Addict

My primary focus is reading technical PDFs including scientific documents and technical manuals. I think I need something a bit larger than the DR800. I was thinking something like the Kindle DX Graphite model.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:46 AM   #23
Franky
Nameless Being

Quote:
My primary focus is reading technical PDFs including scientific documents and technical manuals. I think I need something a bit larger than the DR800. I was thinking something like the Kindle DX Graphite model.
ok, makes sense. but what about a DR1000 if you can get your hands on? seems to me comparable.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #24
zetareticuli
Addict

That would be a good choice. However, I don't think it is easy to find one these days. Also, I have heard from others (not from my own experience) that the DR1000 is sluggish with PDFs and that browsing a PDF is slow. I have also seen the videos on YouTube where I see that as well. Seems slow to me.

That being said, I think that the Kindle DXG is the only option right now. Of course, in a matter of months there will probably be better devices out there.