Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 01-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Index of tutorials

I've prepared an index of all the tutorials available on Marvin's blog. Here's the link.

Feel free to suggest any ideas for new tutorials.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:12 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
I've prepared an index of all the tutorials available on Marvin's blog. Here's the link.

Thanks, that's most helpful

I'd like to start proofreading ebooks I design on Marvin; would you consider a tutorial for that?

The process I use on my Sony is to:

- Read through the ebook, and where I find an error highlight the text and make a note with a brief description of what the error is.
- When I've finished reading through the ebook (or what section of the ebook I'm working on) call up the list of notes, then from an individual note go back to the text, then find it in my editor and correct it, then delete the note and highlight and move on to the next note.

If something like that is already available in Marvin could you point me to the relevant tutorial please?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2014, 03:10 AM   #3
boysingh
Connoisseur
boysingh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:

Wow, almost complete! This is going to be a great help, I think I'm gonna have some explorations with Calibre
boysingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:38 AM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@AlexBell - Would you like to take notes of your process and send them to me. I'd be more than happy to publish a "guest post" on the blog.

@boysingh - Glad you like it. More tutorials on the way.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:43 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
@AlexBell - Would you like to take notes of your process and send them to me. I'd be more than happy to publish a "guest post" on the blog.
I'll send you a private email sometime next week.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #6
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
I know I'm missing something - as I did once before - but after setting a Bookmark then continuing beyond the bookmark (say to page 100 for this question) then I return to the bookmark. How do I return to my former place, say page 100? The same would be true of a hyperlink (footnote) within the book. I jump to the footnote, then how do I return to my former page?
Thank you.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:53 PM   #7
kguil
Addict

@AlexBell - thanks!

@The Old Man - at the bottom left of the page there is a button "go to last position" (there's also a back arrow in the bottom toolbar). This "undo to last position" behaviour is saved in Marvin in the following circumstances:

- You teleport to a different location in a book by tapping a hyperlink.
- You change locations by choosing a chapter/highlight/bookmark from the ToC screen.
- You flip multiple pages as once using "Smart Snapping" (http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/62910719578).
- You scrub through the book using the slider at the bottom.

In other words, any action that could cause you to lose your current position. Marvin will not save the undo location if you flip pages one by one (it wouldn't make sense, since that's normal page turning behaviour).
Old 01-26-2014, 01:08 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
@AlexBell - thanks!

In other words, any action that could cause you to lose your current position. Marvin will not save the undo location if you flip pages one by one (it wouldn't make sense, since that's normal page turning behaviour).
Not only would it not make sense it allows you to read the place flipped to and even follow it for a page or two before returning. That is an important feature in the back function.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:16 AM   #9
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Yup! There it is. Stupid of me. On the reading screen (iPad Air) the text is very dim and says "Back to last position." Never noticed it. I was always looking at the top toolbar when tapping the middle of the screen. Thanks, again.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #10
boysingh
Connoisseur
boysingh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
@boysingh - Glad you like it. More tutorials on the way.
Yep Yep! Thanks! I'll surely wait for it..
boysingh is offline   Reply With Quote