Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #151
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Yeah, the Voyage will likely be my next e-reader.
I like having page turn buttons also (especially if reading one-handed). My wife got me the Voyage as a present - I couldn't have spent $200 on it but I did want to jump ship from B&N.

I've only read one book so far but I was pretty happy with the page turn buttons. Require less force than the NST, but not as light as the touchscreen touches either.

Like it a lot so far. And the text is very sharp.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #152
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
I like having page turn buttons also (especially if reading one-handed). My wife got me the Voyage as a present - I couldn't have spent $200 on it but I did want to jump ship from B&N.
Since I Alf all my books and Calibre can convert from one format to another, I care a lot less about what store a reader is tied to. (A lesson I learned from hanging out on these boards.) Now I'm able to divorce a device from what store or format it supports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
I've only read one book so far but I was pretty happy with the page turn buttons. Require less force than the NST, but not as light as the touchscreen touches either.

Like it a lot so far. And the text is very sharp.
Since Amazon's Prime Day turned out not to be so special after all, I'll be sticking with my NST for a while longer. But the Kindle Voyage remains my most likely candidate to replace the Nook... eventually.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:09 PM   #153
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Bring the cost down I would buy 1.... Except it still missing TTS
Et tu?

It's too bad amazon ditched TTS, especially now that they own Ivona, the best speech synthesis on the market IMHO. (Please don't tell me to buy a fire, I already have an android tablet thank you.)
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #154
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Yes, I actually did complain. I read and eat at the same time a LOT. ALways did. I'd read while scarfing breakfast before school. ...
Indeed I also found reading using single hand very useful. When kids were small and always trying to reach things I could hold reader with one had away from their reach while managing them with other hand. Or reading in different places in general I often need 2nd hand to be free.

I don't see how I can hold read and swipe with single handle.
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote