Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
The new Sony Reader Store is up!

Check it out: https://ebookstore.sony.com/
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:46 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
It was .. and now it is not. They may be getting hammered.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 03:56 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
So, can we non-US people now also buy there?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:00 AM   #4
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I had a chance to re-download 2 of my previous purchases and I was able to liberate both books with ineptepub!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:09 AM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Sweetpea, you know I love you, but if you ain't US you is "them"

In other words, I don't know yet. I just had the web sight visible for 10 seconds before it went down.
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 04:13 AM   #6
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I had a chance to re-download 2 of my previous purchases and I was able to liberate both books with ineptepub!
Arghhh! More python.. I have terrible luck with python scripts. <sigh> but I will try, thanks for the tip!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:00 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Hahahahaaha!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:01 AM   #8
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Back up for the moment! downloading new software now!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:03 AM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I second the question
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:06 AM   #10
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
From the FAQ:

Question
Is the Reader Store available outside the United States?

Answer
The Reader Store is currently available in the United States and Canada only.

If you reside in the United Kingdom, please visit Sony-UK for more info on availability in your area.

So, no, doesn't seem like it is.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:09 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
From the FAQ:

Question

Answer

If you reside in the United Kingdom, please visit Sony-UK for more info on availability in your area.

Silly sony people...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:12 AM   #12
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Still not possible to buy from the web, it seems. I'll never understand that.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:20 AM   #13
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Well, the first thing I was curious about was whether the new "newspapers" function would be available for any reader other than the 900.

Quote:
In the coming days, you will find exciting periodical content that you will be able to subscribe to for delivery direct to your Reader Daily Edition™.
To learn more about the Reader Daily Edition™, please click here.
Check back soon for more information!
So I figure the answer is "No!" Even if you are one of US.

I will probably get the 900 anyway. Still it kind of sucks. Even without the wireless option it would have been cool to get the daily paper on non 900 devices.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #14
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Well, the first thing I was curious about was whether the new "newspapers" function would be available for any reader other than the 900.

So I figure the answer is "No!" Even if you are one of US.
Thats what calibre was invented for
Quote:
I will probably get the 900 anyway. Still it kind of sucks. Even without the wireless option it would have been cool to get the daily paper on non 900 devices.
It'll be interesting to see if international users (or indeed US users travelling internationally) can make anything of of the wireless functionality of the 900..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
From the FAQ:

Question

Answer

Standard Sony policy - but at least EPUB has liberated us poor internationals
Quote:
Thats good news for all you Sony e-book customers! Naughty de-DRMer
Quote:
It was .. and now it is not. They may be getting hammered.
Quite possibly..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:08 AM   #15
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
It'll be interesting to see if international users (or indeed US users travelling internationally) can make anything of of the wireless functionality of the 900..
PRS-900 uses the 850/1900 MHz range which is not compatible with most of the world.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote