Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
New E-Luminator Light from M-Edge is Now Available

I've been waiting a long time for this

http://www.buymedge.com/products/kindle2-eluminator.psp

From their site:

Quote:
Features
Lightweight and compact booklight works seamlessly with M-Edge Platform Jacket, Prodigy Jacket, Executive Jacket and Latitude Jacket for 2nd Generation Amazon Kindle
Light stows in many M-Edge covers and easily pivots up to allow for optimal light positioning. Fully adjustable flexible steel neck allows for fine tuning light position.
Powered with 1 AAA battery that provides more than 20 hours of use without dimming (battery not included; alkaline recommended)
Optical lens spreads light evenly over Kindle screen, and Super Bright LED light bulb never needs replacing
High and low light intensity settings allow for tailored screen illumination
Specifications
Compatibility: 2nd Generation Amazon Kindle
Weight: 0.9 (without battery); 1.3 (with battery installed) oz
Dimensions: 4.75in x 7.5in x .5in
There is a 5 day promotional code good for a $5 discount. Enter ELUM2DAY on Amazon.com or www.buymedge.com at checkout to receive your discount. (I hope posting the code isn't out of bounds as I've seen it already posted on other sights.)
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Just realized there is a different light for their K1 covers. Here's the link for K1 owners.

http://www.buymedge.com/products/kindle1-eluminator.psp
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Thanks! It's on Amazon now as well.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
goggin
Enthusiast
goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I've been waiting a long time for this

http://www.buymedge.com/products/kindle2-eluminator.psp

From their site:

There is a 5 day promotional code good for a $5 discount. Enter ELUM2DAY on Amazon.com or www.buymedge.com at checkout to receive your discount. (I hope posting the code isn't out of bounds as I've seen it already posted on other sights.)

Thanks for the discount code...just ordered mine and the discount helped offset the expedited shipping I had to have
goggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Boston
Fanatic

Just had a chance to start using this over the weekend...and I'm loving this little light.

I was psyched when the first eLuminator was introduced. But I found it hard to position for full screen coverage and wasn't thrilled with the brightness. I also had problems with it dimming and had to return it. MEdge promptly sent a second light but the light lost brightness on the second night. I would've given up on MEdge in its entirety if it wasn't for their awesome customer service.

Well, I'm happy to say this new light was worth the wait. The swivel arm provides better position...the metal flex arm is sturdier and it now uses a standard AAA battery. Surprisingly, I surprisingly found no problem using it at night to replace my Mighty Brite. Other than the original concept, this version 2 is a whole different product. Its clear the MEdge listened to feedback on the first version and took pains to make a product that readers wanted.

If you are looking for a portable light for you Kindle, I would highly recommend the MEdge solution.

...now off to buy another MEdge cover
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
goggin
Enthusiast
goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Here's another one who's loving this book light! I just received the eLuminator 2 that and it's what I've been looking for in the dozen or so book lights I've tested. I'm using mine in the M-Edge Prodigy Kindle jacket and it's perfect!

The new design lets me fold the Prodigy cover back, rotate the light so I get a good extension, then cover the whole Kindle page with great light for night reading. All this in a handy package that I can carry from room to room - or throw in my briefcase/suitcase - and never have to worry if I have all the accessories I'll need to use my Kindle when I get where I'm going.

This is definitely the way to go!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
3sons
3sons began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
How well will this light work if u don't have a medge cover?
3sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
TXHorns
TXHorns began at the beginning.

Device: None
The light is designed to slide into the M-edge cover underneath the upper left corner of the Kindle2. Don't know that it would be very functional without the M-edge cover. I have the Prodigy cover.
TXHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
goggin
Enthusiast

I concur with TXHorns. The light has a long straight tab that extends out 90_degrees from the light that's slips behind the Kindle in a special pocket created for this purpose in the M-Edge cases designed for the light. The covers (designed for the light) also have room to the left of the Kindle for letting you fold the light down and carry it integrally with the case.

End result is that it works great with the M-Edge cases that are advertised as accommodating this light. But it wouldn't work very well otherwise.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
I'm loving this little light ... I would highly recommend the MEdge solution.
I just ordered the M-Edge e-Luminator2 Booklight for my K2.

If it doesn't live up to your review, I will find out where you live.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #11
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Got my new M-Edge E-Luminator2 today. Here's the rundown:

Pros:
* It's extremely lightweight. Because it uses only one AAA battery, the weight is barely noticeable.
* The neck is very flexible and easy to position. Right of the box, at least, it stays where you place it.
* The retainer plate slips easily between my K2 and the Amazon leather Kindle cover and stays secure.

Cons:
* It's not all that bright. It's usable, but I couldn't tell that much difference between the two intensity settings.
* The light doesn't cover the screen evenly. Not bad, but could be better.

My opinion:
I know of no company that has yet devised the perfect reading light. With current technology, trade-offs between size, weight, luminosity, and screen coverage will continue to be made. I'm not overly thrilled with any of the attachable reading lights, but have to admit the E-Luminator2 is best I've seen so far. I'll use a reading lamp or Old Sol whenever I can, but I can see where this thing would be useful when those options aren't available, or when the wife wants to sleep.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
Boston
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Got my new M-Edge E-Luminator2 today. Here's the rundown:

Pros:
* It's extremely lightweight. Because it uses only one AAA battery, the weight is barely noticeable.
* The neck is very flexible and easy to position. Right of the box, at least, it stays where you place it.
* The retainer plate slips easily between my K2 and the Amazon leather Kindle cover and stays secure.

Cons:
* It's not all that bright. It's usable, but I couldn't tell that much difference between the two intensity settings.
* The light doesn't cover the screen evenly. Not bad, but could be better.

My opinion:
I know of no company that has yet devised the perfect reading light. With current technology, trade-offs between size, weight, luminosity, and screen coverage will continue to be made. I'm not overly thrilled with any of the attachable reading lights, but have to admit the E-Luminator2 is best I've seen so far. I'll use a reading lamp or Old Sol whenever I can, but I can see where this thing would be useful when those options aren't available, or when the wife wants to sleep.
Does that mean I can sleep tonight or will you be looking for where I live

Maybe I should change my screen name
Old 09-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Does that mean I can sleep tonight or will you be looking for where I live
I'll let you live.

In 20 years, someone will manufacture the perfect portable reading light. For those who can't wait that long, the E-Luminator is an excellent choice.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #14
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
I'm assuming the light is compatible with the flip case?
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote