Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #31
Grimholtt
Grimholtt began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Insto-presto perfect fix. Thanks a ton man. My first ebook after the change went flawlessly.

Thanks so much!
Grimholtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #32
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimholtt View Post
Thanks so much!
Glad I could help. No applause just send money.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 PM   #33
laithis
laithis began at the beginning.

Device: kindle-soon, or sony ereader
help...
it's been a while since I did command prompt stuff. Working Win XP and I installed ActivePython 2.6.1.

When I double-click the Python26 application, it opens a window, and if I wanted to run a script, I'd type in the following, right?

C:\scriptnamehere.py filename C:\pathtodestination "MyName" 12345678

I obviously have something wrong because I get an error saying:

File "<stdin>", line 1
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Did I miss something obvious? Sorry for being so rusty with this - i'm all the way back to n00b status!!

Thanks for any help you can give!

Last edited by laithis; 03-09-2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: incomplete post
laithis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #34
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laithis View Post
help...
it's been a while since I did command prompt stuff. Working Win XP and I installed ActivePython 2.6.1.

When I double-click the Python26 application, it opens a window, and if I wanted to run a script, I'd type in the following, right?

I obviously have something wrong because I get an error saying:

File "<stdin>", line 1
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Did I miss something obvious? Sorry for being so rusty with this - i'm all the way back to n00b status!!

Thanks for any help you can give!
Alot of this really depends. Just type the script name and press enter. You should get a logo/usage message.

You don't need to run python. Just type your command on the DOS command prompt... not in the python command promt.

BOb
Old 03-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #35
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Glad I could help. No applause just send money.

BOb
You're a funny, funny guy, Bob.

FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #36
laithis

Quote:
Alot of this really depends. Just type the script name and press enter. You should get a logo/usage message.

You don't need to run python. Just type your command on the DOS command prompt... not in the python command promt.

BOb
I tried that...
Start->Run-> scriptname.py

It made me choose the program to read the file. I chose python26.
The command screen flashed up and down so fast, I couldn't read what was on it, then nothing.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #37
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Start > Run > cmd

At the prompt that opens within the command window is where you type the script.

However, you might have to experiment with what path you're in, when you're at that command prompt.

For example, I keep my books in drive J in a folder named "RunScripts". So when I open the command window, first I enter a "change director" command to change to the RunScripts folder.

>cd J:\RunScripts

Then I enter the commands to run the Python script.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #38
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I tried that...
Start->Run-> scriptname.py

It made me choose the program to read the file. I chose python26.
The command screen flashed up and down so fast, I couldn't read what was on it, then nothing.

Any suggestions?
Well... you need to back away from the mouse slowly. Doing it the way you are you can't see the results of the command nor can your enter parameters.

Do Start -> Run

Type in cmd press enter.

Now type...

cd \ScriptFolder

Of course change script folder again to the correct path to where you script is.

Now type the name of the script.

BOb
Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #39
laithis

Quote:
Well... you need to back away from the mouse slowly.
ROFL!!! I *told* you it had been a long time!!!!

Okay, I'm sorta doin' it right now...well, at least I now have the right window up. But I still get an error msg.

Did the Start -> run -> cmd then changed directories.

Typed in scriptname outdir "my name" last8
And I got this:

LoadLibrary(pythondll) failedThe specific module could not be found.
C:\Python26\PYTHON25.DLL

The it went back to the command prompt at the directory I pointed it to, which was
C:\Python26\Tools\scripts

SO sorry to be such an idiot. I had no idea I was so out of practice....
Old 03-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #40
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
LoadLibrary(pythondll) failedThe specific module could not be found.
C:\Python26\PYTHON25.DLL
Ok... I've never seen this. I don't understand why python26 would want to load python25.dll. I can only think to say uninstall and reinstall python26 from python.org. Other than that, I think you will need one of the python wonks here to help you out of this one.

BOb
Old 03-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #41
laithis

Quote:
Ok... I've never seen this. I don't understand why python26 would want to load python25.dll. I can only think to say uninstall and reinstall python26 from python.org. Other than that, I think you will need one of the python wonks here to help you out of this one.

BOb
Thanks - you just confirmed what I'd been wondering. I'll do that - and if I run into more 25/26 weirdness, I'll let ya know.

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:05 AM   #42
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
error

Okay so I am trying to convert a .pdb file to html.

I am getting the following error:

Processing... Error: incorrect eReader version 10 <error 1>

I have python 2.5.2 installed and am running vista.

Oh and it produces a new folder with the books name .html

Not sure what the error means.

Thanks!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:20 AM   #43
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Okay so I am trying to convert a .pdb file to html.
I am getting the following error:
Processing... Error: incorrect eReader version 10 <error 1>
So far, whenever I see that error message from ereader2html.py, I have been able to explode the .pdb with pdbshred.exe which supposedly cannot work with newer pdb file types. From that, I assume that the file must have been in an older .pdb format because ereader2html.py cannot handle it but pdbshred.exe can handle it.
Maybe you could try pdbshred.exe on the document that is giving you trouble using ereader2html.py ? Unfortunately, pdbshred.exe explodes to PML and not HTML, so there is more work after that if you need HTML.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #44
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Am I the only one who runs this script via "Edit with Pythonwin"? I never got it to work any other way...
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:12 AM   #45
Eliab
Eliab began at the beginning.

Device: Sony ebook
Have the ereader2html software but still no luck

Hi All,

I think I have two choices I am slow when it comes to converting books for e reader or its not for me. I need help after hours of searching the internet I finally I think found the software but the only thing that comes out is a blank folder with no html file.

These are the instruction I followed them to the "T" by inputting the following:

Unpack all files into same directory folder

Put secured ereader (pdb) file in same direct

Run er.exe

Input file: file name.pdb

Your Name: name of owner of file -

Credit Card Number: Credit Card Number attached to the ereader file

Output directory: name of folder that will be created within the directory folder with the book in html format

This is the info I captured into the file:

Input file: Lion.pdb
Your name: Eliab
CC number: is 8 last digits or is it the whole cc number
Output directory: April

Am I inputting the correct information please I ahve on this for 8 hours

if you can't repond on the forum please send me an email.

Thanks loads
E
Eliab is offline   Reply With Quote