Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
MaxHenry
MaxHenry began at the beginning.

Device: none
epub to mobi - keeping fixed images

Hi,

I've been using Calibre for a while, and love it. But I'm new to the CSS side of things.
I have ebooks with images used as the chapter header, and in order to make sure they stay relative to the readers device, I altered the CSS stylesheet as follows to make the image size a percentage:

.calibre4 {
height: 33%;
line-height: 1.2;
width: auto
}
.calibre5 {
}

This works perfectly for ePub, yet when I convert the altered ePub file to mobi, the changes are lost.

How can I get these alterations into the mobi file, so that images across Kindles will stay relative?

Thanks
MaxHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHenry View Post
Hi,

I've been using Calibre for a while, and love it. But I'm new to the CSS side of things.
I have ebooks with images used as the chapter header, and in order to make sure they stay relative to the readers device, I altered the CSS stylesheet as follows to make the image size a percentage:

.calibre4 {
}
.calibre5 {
}

This works perfectly for ePub, yet when I convert the altered ePub file to mobi, the changes are lost.

How can I get these alterations into the mobi file, so that images across Kindles will stay relative?

Thanks
If calibre has an ORIGINAL_EPUB format (created as a backup by default when Polishing or converting from EPUB-to-EPUB) then it will use that for conversions, regardless of the changes you have made to the EPUB format.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert