Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: How was YOUR Kindle Touch or Fire delivered?
Live in the US and obtained it there. 1 8.33%
Used a parcel forwarding service to receive it outside the US. 4 33.33%
Visited the US and obtained it there. 0 0%
Asked friends or family in the US to send it. 1 8.33%
Asked friends or family in the US to bring it. 3 25.00%
No idea, I live outside the US but it was a gift or got it second hand. 0 0%
It was available outside the US when I bought it. 1 8.33%
Other. 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
martinusl
martinusl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hello. Bought my Kindle Touch outside the US.

Hi to all,
I had a Kindle Touch delivered in Holland through a US parcel forwarding service. I live in Egypt and picked it up travelling to my parents. It is for my italian wife mainly for reading books.
I'm in the process of finding out what else can be done with it and was positively surprised. In life I build websites based on the Drupal platform and teach people how to scuba dive.

[Link deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-18-2012 at 11:36 AM.
martinusl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Welcome
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards, martinusl
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi martinusl and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Hi So. You are a Dutchman living in Egypt, with an Italian wife, ordering stuff in the US. You probably have a Japanese car, and dive in Spain... Are you sure you're international enough?

Btw: I just ordered the Touch at Easereader.nl. They import it to the Netherlands. I find it very strange why Amazon does ship the normal Kindle to the Netherlands almost overnight, while they seem to refuse to ship the Touch version. Ah well. The company is Dutch, dealing on the Dutch consumer market, so they are obliged to provide warranty / repair / replacement services according to Dutch law, no matter where they obtain the device.

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-19-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
martinusl
martinusl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
"I just ordered the Touch at Easereader.nl. They import it to the Netherlands."

Curious about the delivery time. Price is about the same as $99 + cost of parcel forwarding. You're right about the advantage of local warranty coverage.

Anyway. Good info. Didn't know this. Let us know when you received it how long it took.
martinusl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you are in The Netherlands, and they have the reader in stock, then it takes 1 day, if you order before 16:00 hours, Dutch time of course. I already have my Touch for a few days.

I see that they will send to most western European countries. Easereader.nl sells the device from the Netherlands, so they *must* provide warranty services according to the Dutch law regardless where they get the device themselves.

Note: In the Netherlands, warranty always goes through the point of purchase. Any warranty handling provided by the manufacturer itself is extra service by this manufacturer. Amazon is *not* the seller in this case, so they are *not* obliged to handle *any* warranty claim for Dutch people with regard to the Touch reader. If you want warranty through Amazon, then get the non-Touch from them directly.

(This is not to say that Amazon will never handle the warranty for a Touch reader bought in the Netherlands. It's just that they don't have to, but can do if they want.)
Old 01-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
Ekdog
Connoisseur
Ekdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with others

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I live in Spain and had a friend who comes over from the States once a year bring me first my Kindle in 2010 and then, just recently, another one for my wife.

I've never used a US parcel forwarding service. Could someone please recommend one?

Last edited by Ekdog; 01-22-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Ekdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Easereader.nl directly ships to Spain. I would contact them and place your order by mail. They've got good service and fast shipment, at least over here in the Netherlands. It's a store, so they handle warranty for you, which remains to be seen with a parcel forwarding service.

You could also order the non-Touch directly from Amazon.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #11
Ekdog
Connoisseur
Ekdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with others

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Easereader.nl directly ships to Spain. I would contact them and place your order by mail. They've got good service and fast shipment, at least over here in the Netherlands. It's a store, so they handle warranty for you, which remains to be seen with a parcel forwarding service.

You could also order the non-Touch directly from Amazon.

Thanks, but thinking more along the lines of ordering other things (not another Kindle for now) from the States.

Sorry if I've gone too far off topic.
Ekdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #12
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
I live in Australia and found a retailer on EBay who ships to Australia. Bought the Touch with WiFi and 3G without the Ads, oops, I mean special offers. Brand new in Box arrived today. Took about a week to get here, and the price was reasonable.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:15 AM   #13
eastereve
eastereve began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Regester the kindle touch outside of US

I live in NZ and got a kindle touch through parcel forwarding services company too.

Any of you registered it already?do you use overseas address or US address?

can i use overseas address to register the Kindle touch which is not sold outside US?

Thanks
eastereve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #14
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

In the Netherlands at least, you can just register the Kindle Touch using your own address.

Tags
borderlinx, drupal, egypt, kindle touch