Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Where is the stylesheet.css?

I follow on my slow trials with Sigil using xhtml files exported from OpenOffice.

I took several steps to try to improve the quality of my html file (xhtml in fact) and I have been rewarded with better and better results with Sigil. I hope to provide you with a test file and some comments soon, including images.

One thing surprises me though: when Sigil creates an EPUB, it seems it does not provide a stylesheet.css file. If I hand this epub to calibre, and let him do a conversion from epub to epub, it provides me with a stylesheet.css file.

Due to my cleaning work, I can see that this file is now quite short and handy to work on.

Question
So where could I find the stylesheet.css in the first epub from Sigil?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
If your original file had a CSS stylesheet, it will have one when you open it in Sigil. If it doesn't, it won't.

Creating a new CSS file is easy. Right-click the "Styles" folder in the Book Browser, and choose "Add new item...". Don't forget to link to that CSS file in the <head> section of the XHTML files, like so:

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../Styles/Style0001.css" type="text/css" />
Admittedly, that last part is a pain. In a future version, Sigil will ask you from which XHTML files do you want the new stylesheet to be automatically linked.

Last edited by Valloric; 03-23-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo fix
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:26 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
In a future version, Sigil will ask you from which XHTML files do you want the new stylesheet to be automatically linked.
This will be very handy. Thanks for your explanations.

I just completed my low-level report here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77&postcount=7

A happy user

Last edited by roger64; 03-25-2010 at 12:25 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
paulpeer
Zealot
paulpeer is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, Sony PRS-505, EPUBreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../Styles/Style0001.css" type="test/css" />
But instead of test/css you'd better use text/css, Valloric!

For one of my books I copied your link, and spent two hours to find out where the error was. At last, Mikel, the developer of EPUBReader, found it for me!
paulpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpeer View Post
But instead of test/css you'd better use text/css, Valloric!
It's a typo, I've fixed it now. Sorry
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote