Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
e-pipeman
e-pipeman began at the beginning.

Device: Elonex 511teb / Hanvon N526
Dictionary For BeBook

My BeBook is on its way to me as I speak. I want to use an English dictionary on it. I'm a complete newb and therefore crave your tolerance here - I've searched on the word "dictionary" but without success re: this specific question. I'm not looking for a free dictionary -quite happy to buy a good one. I just need to know what can be used on the BeBook and which firmware to use/avoid. Thanks for being patient with me!
e-pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
You might be better asking over on the BeBook forums. I know it can use dictionaries but I cant remember how. There have been a couple of threads about it over there and a few of the members should be able to answer this for you.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
Humor
Old Noob
Humor began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook (Hanlin V3)
Hiya pipeman.

Mr. Tirwal (a spanish genius?) modded firmware but only for the bebook one.

I use version 1.8 now. It includes a dictionary option.
More on his efforts at : http://66.163.168.225/babelfish/tran...om%2F&.intl=nl

And at: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...WvQBEaDzj8INcg

It takes some digging in and getting used to but it is surely worthwhile.
GL

Last edited by Humor; 01-08-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: erm... typos
Humor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't scare him with custom firmwares yet.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
Humor
Old Noob
Humor began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Don't scare him with custom firmwares yet.
hahaha nice 1
I have mine just 1 week as well.

Biggest problem?
Putting it away and sleep deprivation.

Stress'em and flash'em.

(@ Pipeman I saw on the bebook forum you get a bebook one. GL.)

Last edited by Humor; 01-08-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Humor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
e-pipeman
e-pipeman began at the beginning.

Device: Elonex 511teb / Hanvon N526
Thanks folk - I'm looking forward to HOURS of fun with this!
e-pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
Stormchild
Evangelist

e-pipeman
You have a private mail on the BeBook forum. Please read it before you go any further.