Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
pj123
Zealot
pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pj123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Tablet 3 Pro, Kobo Aura H2O, Ipad
Android equivalence for iTunes University

Hi, on Android apps, is there anything equivalent to iTunes U app on iPad? I don't like iPad for its user unfriendly file system, but I do like the iTunes U.
pj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
no...

maybe can download mp3 and video file to use on android?
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj123 View Post
Hi, on Android apps, is there anything equivalent to iTunes U app on iPad? I don't like iPad for its user unfriendly file system, but I do like the iTunes U.
Never heard of iTunes U so when I Googled it it looks like it's more of a service that integrates with Apples Eco system. It looks like it does it through iTunes.

Some sites that provide iTune U content mention you can get the info on Android by sync with iTunes. There are a few apps that do sync with itunes like (syncr, double twist).

Based on Apple's track record I don't think there will ever be an iTune U equivalent app that hooks into Apple's services.

If you are looking for a set of features that do what iTunes does w/o accessing Apples resources(iBooks, iCloud, etc...) we might be able to help just explain what feature you are interested in.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
luismonkey
Banned
luismonkey can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsluismonkey can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsluismonkey can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsluismonkey can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsluismonkey can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsluismonkey can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsluismonkey can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsluismonkey can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsluismonkey can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsluismonkey can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsluismonkey can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Yes
iTunes University is an app that has classes, video & audio, podcast, lecture material, etc. Kahn Academy is dry similar but I don't believe they have an app yet. But you should be able to view information from their site on an android device.
luismonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
zoe1328
zoe1328 goes to eleven.zoe1328 goes to eleven.zoe1328 goes to eleven.zoe1328 goes to eleven.zoe1328 goes to eleven.zoe1328 goes to eleven.zoe1328 goes to eleven.zoe1328 goes to eleven.zoe1328 goes to eleven.zoe1328 goes to eleven.zoe1328 goes to eleven.

Device: iPad 3 / Nook
Lightbulb

Hi,

I was in the same boat trying to find a good equivalent for iTunes U and I think I've found it.

Backstory: http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UGUnWcXTanI

Actual App: http://tunesviewer.sourceforge.net/

I went to the actual app site from my phone, and click on the .apk and installed it that way. (Make sure you check 'allow unknown sources' in your settings prior to installing). Anyway, I opened it up and it matches iTunes U exactly (I've been updating my iPod and iPad most of this evening, so I meandered over to the iTunes U while there and it does match the classes.

Make sure you set the download directory.

zoe1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe1328 View Post
Hi,

I was in the same boat trying to find a good equivalent for iTunes U and I think I've found it.

Backstory: http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20.../#.UGUnWcXTanI

Actual App: http://tunesviewer.sourceforge.net/
Excellent find! My new Android Tablet will be here next week so I was looking for something like this.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote