Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Anybody notice sort by author problem?

I have had my DXG for about a month now and enjoying it greatly. However, the sort by author doesn't seem to be working properly. Here are some examples:

Smith, Andy Z. sorts as an "A".

Improper Sort ---------- Sorts properly
Smith, A. B. -------------- Smith, AB
Booth, John Wilkes - Booth, John

Does this happen with the non DXs?

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Is the metadata the same? If that is the same, you have a problem, but usually it is just how the author is formatted on the metadata
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Is the metadata the same? If that is the same, you have a problem, but usually it is just how the author is formatted on the metadata
I find a lot of the books I get from Amazon have the author data set strangely. I end up fixing it in Calibre but it sure is annoying.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I find a lot of the books I get from Amazon have the author data set strangely. I end up fixing it in Calibre but it sure is annoying.
The form I showed as not working was in the "author sort field" as downloaded and in the metadata as displayed by Calibre.

There was nothing unusual about the name format. "Last, First Middle" or "Last, F. M." is a common form and it does not sort properly. However if I change them, in the metadata, to be "Last, First" or "Last, F" it sorts OK.

This is true for the DXG but I don't know about the rest of the line.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sort