Notices

Old 01-01-2009, 05:55 AM   #1
moggie
Enthusiast
moggie is on a distinguished road

Device: sony 505
Enhancement suggestion.

A merry new year to you all:

I am not sure how much work this would be. The use case is that I have a central server which holds all my content and the web interface is good from that.

When I am out and about I would like to be able to select a number of books and press a link. That would give me a file ( for example a zip with a different extension/mime-type ) which had the books requested and the metadata associated with the books such as their collections. There should be an option to send all formats in the zip file or just the ones required for the local reader, depending on wheter the books go via a local calibre database or not.

My local machine would have a program associated with the file and would send the books to the machine with the metadata attached.
moggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This would be a good deal of work and I have too many other priorities right now, so it's not likely to get implemented unless someone submits a patch.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert