Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #646
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I don't find the redesign altogether bad. I mostly just visit my wish list, and it is much easier to see what is available for checkout there now. And I do my browsing on Amazon for the most part. A Chrome extension notifies me when something is available at one of my libraries, and it is just a couple of clicks to checkout, add to wish list, or hold.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #647
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I don't find the redesign altogether bad. I mostly just visit my wish list, and it is much easier to see what is available for checkout there now. And I do my browsing on Amazon for the most part. A Chrome extension notifies me when something is available at one of my libraries, and it is just a couple of clicks to checkout, add to wish list, or hold.
Which extension? Link please.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #648
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
After requesting a title be made available at one of my local libraries, I received an email from them informing me the book was available as an audiobook with their 'OneClickDigital' service and included instructions for downloading the software and setting up an account. I'd never even heard of it but decided to give it a try.

Although not without its flaws, OneClickDigital does have some amazing features that I'd love to see adopted by OverDrive...

1) History tab. Shows all books previously checked out w/date of check-out.

2) Choice of check-out time (1 to 14 days).

3) Early return. I haven't actually used this feature yet, but nice to know it's there for audiobooks.

The service is for audiobooks only and getting around the website is painfully slow (more so when logged in for some reason), but I've found some titles not available at my main digital library, so pretty happy about that.

Anyone else use it? Of my 3 local libraries (one county and two city), only one offers it as an alternative to OverDrive.
One of my libraries has "Oneclickdigital" . They have audiobooks that my overdrive doesn't have. And they were wonderfully helpful when I called them for assistance. They guided me in transferring an audiobook to my clip zip. I am glad that there is an alternative to Overdrive.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #649
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
now if they would just come up with an alternative to Overdrive for ebooks.....

Last edited by 4691mls; 03-12-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: fix typo
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #650
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
now if we they would just come up with an alternative to Overdrive for ebooks.....
3M Cloud Library
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #651
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
3M Cloud Library
One that works with a good selection would be good.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #652
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Which extension? Link please.
Go to Chrome webstore and search for 'Overdrive.' It is called 'Library Extension from libraryextension.com'. Or search for the latter. If you borrow physical books it will look for those also.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #653
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Go to Chrome webstore and search for 'Overdrive.' It is called 'Library Extension from libraryextension.com'. Or search for the latter. If you borrow physical books it will look for those also.
Cool; thanks for the tip
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #654
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
At this point, I would be willing to pay for a reasonably priced subscription library that had a good selection and an easy-to-use website.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #655
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
One of my libraries has "Oneclickdigital" . They have audiobooks that my overdrive doesn't have. And they were wonderfully helpful when I called them for assistance. They guided me in transferring an audiobook to my clip zip. I am glad that there is an alternative to Overdrive.
I forgot to mention the 'renew' feature, which I also like a lot. I can usually finish my checked out books in the time allotted, but it's still a useful feature for when life gets in the way.

They also give us a choice of manually downloading (which I prefer) or using their MediaManager (similar to the OverDrive Console). All in all, some very thoughtful options went into the design of the service.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #656
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I tried a couple of titles. One advantage they have over OverDrive is the ability to play DRM WMA audiobooks on Android (and I suspect iPhone). These get converted to EMP3 (encrypted MP3) files and play in their player.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #657
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
I forgot to mention the 'renew' feature, which I also like a lot. I can usually finish my checked out books in the time allotted, but it's still a useful feature for when life gets in the way.

They also give us a choice of manually downloading (which I prefer) or using their MediaManager (similar to the OverDrive Console). All in all, some very thoughtful options went into the design of the service.
I love the renew feature.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #658
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I tried a couple of titles. One advantage they have over OverDrive is the ability to play DRM WMA audiobooks on Android (and I suspect iPhone). These get converted to EMP3 (encrypted MP3) files and play in their player.
Gosh, I didn't know that you could do this with Oneclickdigital . Now I will have to look into this. Thank you so much..... I think.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #659
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Oh, I just installed it. It found one of the 8 books or so I tested; the other 7 it sometimes found a different book with one of the same words in the title...kind of disappointing, that...
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:46 AM   #660
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Oh, I just installed it. It found one of the 8 books or so I tested; the other 7 it sometimes found a different book with one of the same words in the title...kind of disappointing, that...
I installed it but my library isn't supported. I wonder if it works with a certain type of library software.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote