Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
That will be one sweet machine. I'd love to get my hands on it but no way I can justify it with a six-month old Tran original that does 99.9% of what I need already. But I'm jealous of you, very jealous...
Hehe, tech is a hobby for me. No need to justify. Someone might choose to spend $500-1000 per month in car payments for 5-7 years, I squirrel my excess funds to tech (still don't spend anywhere near that much).

Sides, used to buy laptops every year (for some reason, my older laptops tended to break down just 2 months after warranty expires ). My ASUS laptop is still going strong so why not spend the money on an ASUS tablet?

Alas, I reckon that will change if we ever buy a house and I need to start paying mortgage and property taxes.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:05 AM   #17
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
According to this...
http://www.pcworld.com/article/25424...t_for_379.html

$379, quad-core with 32GB

Wow!
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #18
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
According to this...

Good luck finding it for that price, though. Really hope Asus has better supply for their new tablets.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:07 AM   #19
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Good luck finding it for that price, though. Really hope Asus has better supply for their new tablets.
heh, I had a feeling it was too good to be true. I've seen $399 on some online stores. Not in stock at Amazon.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #20
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
According to this...

Wow!
That's some aggressive pricing, kudos to Asus for their marketing strategy.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #21
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice review here.

$379 is for the 16GB model, $399 for the 32GB. Nice to see a manufacturer charging something reasonable for jumping from 16 to 32 GB for a change.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #22
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
$379 is for the 16GB model, $399 for the 32GB. Nice to see a manufacturer charging something reasonable for jumping from 16 to 32 GB for a change.
Yep. I do wonder how many will get the 16GB model given the $20 difference. If I had been in the market for a budget 10" tablet, the 32GB would still be a no-brainer. Yeah, you can easily add an extra 16GB microSD for $10 (32GB total) or 32GB microSD for $20 (48GB total), but for a very minimal price increase, it's nicer to already have it built-in. Do hope these new Transformers support 64GB microSDXC cards.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #23
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Yep. I do wonder how many will get the 16GB model given the $20 difference. If I had been in the market for a budget 10" tablet, the 32GB would still be a no-brainer. Yeah, you can easily add an extra 16GB microSD for $10 (32GB total) or 32GB microSD for $20 (48GB total), but for a very minimal price increase, it's nicer to already have it built-in. Do hope these new Transformers support 64GB microSDXC cards.
Agreed, with only $20 to double the storage, it's a no brainer. Even if initially you don't expect to fill the provided storage, it's still well worth going for the higher capacity model.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #24
VaporPunk
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Nice review here.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #25
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Think they will come out with something similar to Retina display?
I have the original, and think it is perfect for my needs, but I wouldn't nix an enhanced screen. I'm thinking 1080 movies.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #26
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Think they will come out with something similar to Retina display?
I have the original, and think it is perfect for my needs, but I wouldn't nix an enhanced screen. I'm thinking 1080 movies.
It's been announced since February and should be released soon.

ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 700t (1920x1200). Expected MSRP is $599 for Wi-Fi only and $699 for 3G/4G.

http://eee.asus.com/eeepad/transform...nity/features/
Old 04-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #27
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Probably no apps that will make use of that megaresolution, right?
Wonder if Kindle app will be as easy to read as on Kindle.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #28
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Probably no apps that will make use of that megaresolution, right?
Only in the beginning. I have no doubt that apps will be updated when more Android tablets at 1920x1200 (perhaps even higher) are released.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #29
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

It will probably take a while though.
I like ConvertPad, but it looks awful on my Transformer.