Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #16
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I have been "running" the book club since Joann and I had the idea to read the same book together each month and then discuss it. This idea turned into the Mobile Read Book Club and I have been creating the nomination, poll and discussion threads for it since December 2008.

It was fun and I had a good time in all the nomination threads and discussions.

However, it is time to pass the baton to a new Grand Poohbah. I have handed the keys to the executive washroom over to:

WT Sharpe...

He will pick up where I left off by creating the discussion thread for this month and the nomination thread for next month.

I'd like to thank everyone for all the kind words and encouragement you have given me over my tenure, especially thanks to Dreams who has handled the nomination enumerations for many of the recent months.

I will still be reading the threads though, so don't think you are all rid of me that easily.

BOb
Bravo Bob!
Bravo Tom!

The tradition of high class.

beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #17
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So does this mean we can dump the extra class now that we know you voted against it?
You know I'd love to, but majority rules. Perhaps we can convince the others to change when the 2013 categories vote comes up.

Quote:
I know we had a vote. But I think we should have another vote to replace that vote. To be honest, it was supposed to be a vote about do you want a 2nd classic month or not. Not do you or don't you or don't you care. The third option should not have been there and because of that, I think we should have a fixer upper vote to fix that.
As I pointed out in that thread, Jon, even if all of the "I don't care one way or another" votes were added to our total, we'd still come up short of a majority. The people have spoken. We lost.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #18
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I haven't participated very often but have certainly visited often and added quite a few of the nominated selections to my reading list.

My admiration of your administrative skills continues, Bob, with the delegation of Tom as your successor.
Thanks,
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
You know I'd love to, but majority rules. Perhaps we can convince the others to change when the 2013 categories vote comes up.

As I pointed out in that thread, Jon, even if all of the "I don't care one way or another" votes were added to our total, we'd still come up short of a majority. The people have spoken. We lost.
As the new Grand Muckity-Muck you can say that there is not to be two months with the same category. That would work for 2012. And to be honest, I think that's the most fair of all. If someone doesn't like a given category, then he/she won't have to maybe miss two months.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-02-2011 at 09:19 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #20
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
As the new Grand Muckity-Muck you can say that there is not to be two months with the same category. That would work for 2013. And to be honest, I think that's the most fair of all. If someone doesn't like a given category, then he/she won't have to maybe miss two months.
I like that, Jon! You've just given me my new Custom User Title!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I like that, Jon! You've just given me my new Custom User Title!
Happy to help. I had another title in mind as well. Grand Highfaluting, but I liked the other better.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:49 AM   #22
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Bob was excellent in his capacity as book club initiator and thread creator.

His choice in successors, too, shows excellent judgment.

WT Sharpe is one of the nicest and most alert moderators I've encountered in any forum. I look forward to his benevolent presence in this book club as well.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 08-04-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #23
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
A class act, pilotbob!

Thank you for all the work put into keeping the club running.

I'm curious, so I'm going to be Kvothe-ish and ask a few questions, as now seems as good a time as any:

-Why do you sign your name "BOb" with the capital "O"?

-What happened to Joann and all the other original members from back then? Did they all just eventually move on?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #24
sandy33
Banned
sandy33 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I don't have any time to read books,but I really want to know what books people are reading ,and what the main idea of these books ,so I can know which one to chose
sandy33 is offline   Reply With Quote