Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@purplepancake: Happy to help . (In the end, it's not that complicated, but it can get tricky depending on people's settings and workflows... ).

FWIW, the native resolution of the PW screen is 758x1024 . 600x800 was for the 'old' 6" screens (K1/2/3/4/Touch). Or course, if you're also reading on a tablet, larger doesn't hurt .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-21-2012 at 07:28 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
droro
droro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
No cover when converted to MOBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@purplepancake:

Let's take it from the top:

1/ Delete the wonky books you have on right now (either via the UI, or over USB).
2/ If you deleted manually over USB, also remove the corresponding thumbnails in the system/thumbnails folder.
3/ If you manually deleted over USB, unplug & eject once before going any further, to let the Kindle catch up and update its internal catalog.

4/ Make sure your stuff was converted *without* the 'Enable sharing' in the MOBI output settings, and that the tag set to trigger the PDOC flag isn't part of the tags of your books. Reconvert if needed.
5/ Send books via Calibre's "Send To Device".
6/ Unplug & eject. You get covers & no PDOC banner. If you still get a PDOC banner, check 4/.
I'm completely new to this program and everything to do with converting. I just recently started trying to upload downloaded books and I've tried to follow all of the instructions listed in this thread but I've come to a dead end in trying to find 4/ "Enable sharing".... There is no block with that option. The only things listed are what you see in the attachment. Everything works but the cover when I send the book to my PW Kindle. What am I missing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mobi options.png
Views:	250
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	110876  
droro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by droro View Post
I'm completely new to this program and everything to do with converting. I just recently started trying to upload downloaded books and I've tried to follow all of the instructions listed in this thread but I've come to a dead end in trying to find 4/ "Enable sharing".... There is no block with that option. The only things listed are what you see in the attachment. Everything works but the cover when I send the book to my PW Kindle. What am I missing?
The image you attached is from an old version of calibre. The current version is 1.2. Upgrade your version and try again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outputoptions.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	110885  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:05 AM   #19
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
I use the Kindle android app so can't eject or use calibre's send to device. Some books the cover works, others it doesn't.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....droid-ipad-etc
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #21
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the link. I rather have the sync working than the covers. Was hoping I could have my cake and eat it too.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #22
unknownsoldierx
unknownsoldierx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@purplepancake:
4/ Make sure your stuff was converted *without* the 'Enable sharing' in the MOBI output settings, and that the tag set to trigger the PDOC flag isn't part of the tags of your books. Reconvert if needed.
Could someone explain this part in English? What tag? How are you supposed to make sure the tag isn't present if you don't know what/where it is?

I've got a couple hundred mobi files. Is there a way to chekc them to see if they need to be reconverted to remove PDOC?
unknownsoldierx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #23
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@unknownsoldierx: Check the "Kindle Format" subforum for KindleUnpack and the dumpmobiheader tool, and check that the cdeType in the EXTH header is set to EBOK, not PDOC.

But remember that's only a single part of the equation, depending on how the files were produced/sent to the device.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:47 AM   #24
unknownsoldierx
unknownsoldierx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Ok. I bit the bullet and just converted all my books mobi > mobi. Seems it would take forever to use those other tools on so many books.

Everything seems good, except unread books don't open to the cover page. They open to the prologue or something. Minor annoyance.

Thanks.
unknownsoldierx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:04 AM   #25
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
MOBI will never open to the cover page.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote