Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 02:52 AM   #16
RootlessAgrarian
Enthusiast
RootlessAgrarian is on a distinguished road

Device: HANLIN V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootlessAgrarian View Post
No joy. I installed the openinkpot dir at top of SD card.

Oh I see. It cannot see outside its own virtual filesystem. So I have to... ssh into it, or scp files over?

So I tried connecting the usb cable and did indeed get an attempted USB IP connection, configured it as recommended, and tried this (per OI web site User Guide):

% ssh root@192.168.111.1
ssh: connect to host 192.168.111.1 port 22: Connection refused

no dice. now, I can ssh to other hosts from this mac, so I think my ssh exe is OK. I wonder why the oi kernel is refusing the connect?
RootlessAgrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:42 AM   #17
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootlessAgrarian View Post
Oh I see. It cannot see outside its own virtual filesystem. So I have to... ssh into it, or scp files over?

So I tried connecting the usb cable and did indeed get an attempted USB IP connection, configured it as recommended, and tried this (per OI web site User Guide):

% ssh root@192.168.111.1
ssh: connect to host 192.168.111.1 port 22: Connection refused

no dice. now, I can ssh to other hosts from this mac, so I think my ssh exe is OK. I wonder why the oi kernel is refusing the connect?
Hmmm... I must admit that I never really used the live version; the V3 is so easy to reflash that I just installed the standard version. And then you have to scp files oiver, yes. It does not export the internal flash and SD card as removable drives, like the standard firmwares do. There was a bug in newer dailies where the SSH server (Dropbear) didn't get started, but again, the 0.2 release version works. I can SSH into it and SCP files to it

As far as I know that should work for the live version as well...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
complaint, firmware, jinke_v3, zoom