Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-12-2014, 04:31 AM   #1
yinsyuedu
yinsyuedu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
WORD document to Kindle Periodical Format

Hi,

I am not if there is a (easy) solution to what I am looking for. I have a 100 page word document. In this document, there are 80 articles, with different titles.

What I am trying to achieve is to create a Kindle Periodical-like format file out of this word document, such that, when sent to my Kindle, I will have all the titles displayed on the right under Articles, and when I click the titles, I get the entire article. And it's ok if there is just one item on the left under Sections.

Is this something doable?

Thanks
yinsyuedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:53 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@yinsyuedu - I'm not sure what a Kindle Periodical is, but off the top of my head I would try this in Word 2007/10/13. Format the Titles as Headings - eg ctrl/alt/1 will set a paragraph as Heading 1. Save as DOCX

Then in calibre convert the DOCX to AZW3 using default conversions settings, and have looksee at it on your Kindle.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:19 AM   #3
yinsyuedu
yinsyuedu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@yinsyuedu - I'm not sure what a Kindle Periodical is, but off the top of my head I would try this in Word 2007/10/13. Format the Titles as Headings - eg ctrl/alt/1 will set a paragraph as Heading 1. Save as DOCX

Then in calibre convert the DOCX to AZW3 using default conversions settings, and have looksee at it on your Kindle.

BR
Thank you for your reply and suggestion. It worked!
(Sorry I forgot to thank you earlier - but better late than never, right?)
yinsyuedu is offline   Reply With Quote