Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wil Wheaton's "Sunken Treasures" in non-DRM PDF, $5

Details here.

Buy here.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Nice that he's going the no DRM route. To bad it's PDF only. I know he said that PDF is all he could do on his own, hopefully he'll get other format's figured out & it'll be successful for him.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I suggested that he should ask for format conversion help here, but my tweet probably got lost in the noise of all his other thousands of followers.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I sent him an email, offering assistance and pointing to MobileRead.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I sent him an email, offering assistance and pointing to MobileRead.
I hope he accepts. No way I'll pay $5 for a PDF when the content would work just fine in other reflowable formats.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #6
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

Given how much response the PDF version has generated, I have my doubts that he'll want to bother with other formats. But we can hope!
Old 02-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Come on Wil, you know you want to come to MR!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
I haven't thought about Wil Wheaton since his Wesley Crusher character on Star Trek: The Next Generation, He's changed quite a bit
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #9
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Nice that he's going the no DRM route. To bad it's PDF only. I know he said that PDF is all he could do on his own, hopefully he'll get other format's figured out & it'll be successful for him.
Wil's enough of a geek that he should only need a nudge in the right direction. And, he's geek enough to understand the argument why PDF is so dreadful.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
so who's this will wheaton then ? and what is the book about ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
so who's this will wheaton then ? and what is the book about ?
Wil Wheaton is/was a child actor. Got his start in a movie "Stand by Me" (not sure if it was his first movie).

Then he was cast as Wesley Crusher in the TV show Star Trek: The Next Generation. Since that show ended he has been on line quite a bit... he has a blog. He has done stage acting. He was on CSI. But, I think he claims that his primary passion is writting. He has written a few books. I think this is his 3rd is it?

The two I am aware of are _Just a Geek_ and _Dancing Barefoot_.

Here is his website/blog http://wilwheaton.net/

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 02-21-2009 at 11:49 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:24 AM   #12
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Wil Wheaton is a geek God/Devil. Depends where you hang your hat.

I personally like the stuff he has written regarding his remembrances of his time on Star Trek TNG

He has also written a column for Suicide Girls called Geek In Review that I enjoyed.

I would be the first to admit that I hated Wesley Crusher, but I really have enjoyed Wheaton as a writer.

I have no idea what "Sunken Treasures" is about. And if it remains in pdf format, I may never know.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #13
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Wil Wheaton is a geek God/Devil. Depends where you hang your hat.

I personally like the stuff he has written regarding his remembrances of his time on Star Trek TNG

He has also written a column for Suicide Girls called Geek In Review that I enjoyed.

I would be the first to admit that I hated Wesley Crusher, but I really have enjoyed Wheaton as a writer.

I have no idea what "Sunken Treasures" is about. And if it remains in pdf format, I may never know.
I think everyone hated Wesley Crusher (including me ) the seemingly know-it-all young ensign that saved the Enterprise all the time when the Captain and crew had run out of ideas
Might be interesting to check out his writing.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #14
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Nope, sorry.. I liked Wesley and Wil...and still do.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I've exchanged a few emails with Wil. He wants to do it himself. He might show up here to get some help.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote