Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Your 3 most expected features for next firmware

Hi guys,

I know I am feeling lucky, I am sure that Kobo engineers are cooking a new firmware with:
  • an author index
  • a back to library button
  • a customize the css engine

Ohh still a few hours of suspense to see if I have won it all !!!

Cheers
François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
Thane1
Connoisseur
Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Call me cynical, but I say more bugs.

I would be very happy if they fixed the bugs before they embarked on coding new features. Thus my hope is they have fixed all the outstanding issues, anything new would just be icing on the cake.
Thane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxp33 View Post
  • a back to library button
Well, you score one out of three.
Quote:
Ohh still a few hours of suspense to see if I have won it all !!!
It think it's going to be a bit more than a few hours unless you are buying an Aura.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It think it's going to be a bit more than a few hours unless you are buying an Aura.
Even in that case, in France the release date is newt Friday for the black unit.
With what I've learned about the sideloaded kepubs, I'm not in a hurry to update even though the Pocket integration would very welcome. Maybe I'll update the Aura HD and keep the Mini on 2.6.2
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Hi guys,

So your are telling me there are good and bad news:

- good news, I will have a back to the library button again (great!!)
- I might have to wait a while for it

.... well, I was so cross about it all that I reverted to version 2.1.5, and found out that it wasn't so bad.

As long as I don't use the shelves (30 shelves = 15 seconds lag), it is OK.

François
(but, really, how can you make an ebook without an author index??)
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2013, 02:23 AM   #6
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'd love if the Shelves/Collections list could be cached so it wouldn't take quite so long to load every single time...
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Your 3 most expected features for next firmware
I have no idea on specifics, but I assume they will be some internet social thingies that I won't use.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #8
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Just fix the shelves so there are no more duplicates that can't be deleted. That's all I want. Just fix the shelves.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
einkgood
einkgood is kind to children and small, furry animalseinkgood is kind to children and small, furry animalseinkgood is kind to children and small, furry animalseinkgood is kind to children and small, furry animalseinkgood is kind to children and small, furry animalseinkgood is kind to children and small, furry animalseinkgood is kind to children and small, furry animalseinkgood is kind to children and small, furry animalseinkgood is kind to children and small, furry animalseinkgood is kind to children and small, furry animalseinkgood is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kobo aura hd
just what i wanna are

1. To page turn is touch not scroll in pdf viewer, especially landscape mode.

2. CSS custom

3. can add dictionary(official selling or inofficial-custom)

4. folderview or listview changeability for library

5. go to library directly anywhere button

6. Top and bottom margin's selectable in option or reading settings.
einkgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #10
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by einkgood View Post
3. can add dictionary(official selling or inofficial-custom)
If you search the forum here I'm pretty sure you can add your own with some work. IIRC it did stop working on one firmware update, but I thought it was working again.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Even in that case, in France the release date is newt Friday for the black unit.
Intriguing. Is that a holiday? Is it an environmental thing or is it food related?

Sorry. Couldn't resist...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
Just fix the shelves so there are no more duplicates that can't be deleted. That's all I want. Just fix the shelves.
I think that is not really a firmware issue since most reports are that it is an issue on Kobo's backend servers. Now if they can get a few bugs out of the backend including the web store, it'd make for some happier campers.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #13
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I think that is not really a firmware issue since most reports are that it is an issue on Kobo's backend servers. Now if they can get a few bugs out of the backend including the web store, it'd make for some happier campers.

Regards,
David

So is this to say that everyone is having the same issue with duplicate and undeleteable collections, or is it just an unlucky percentage? At any rate I would see this as more of a priority to fix.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #14
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by einkgood View Post
2. CSS custom
There is already some ability to add custom CSS to all your epubs.

For DRM-free epubs, if you're a calibre user see here.

For kepubs only see here.

I've only used the first one myself.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
My three most unexpected features for the new firmware:

1. It is Flawless, a complete and total lack of bugs.
2. A direct connection to the head developer when #1 is disproved.
3. A button that when pressed while an error is experienced shocks the head developer, or their proxy(VP of Marketing), into action. Finally, a good reason to leave WiFi on!

Ok, I'm kidding. Well, maybe a little. BZZZZZT!!!

On a more serious note, I'd like to see:

1. More Options rather than dictating features.

2. Overrides so that the user can trump the CSS or epub presets. The whole point of a configurable device is to let the user experience things their way. A master reset button/ignore switch would solve any user created issues.

3. A more cohesive home page that doesn't change like someone's three year old shook up a box of blocks and dumped them on the floor.

4. A direct tie-in to the browser to Google(bing, Yahoo,dogpile, etc) anything selected and clicked upon in a book. Leverage your strengths already.

5. How about an inverted night mode without patching, or an ultra-low front light setting?
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote